Page 1 of 2
I watched Kpax today very moving film. Not a scientific documentary obviously but got me thinking..do you think there are other beings in other galaxys?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
if there was anyone else out there we would know by now.

but they could be light years away.
Maybe.

^ Best answer anyone can give right now.
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by DegaMeth
Do You Think We Are Alone?

*lights candles*
yes.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Considering the size of the universe, the odds of there NOT being life elsewhere are astronomically low.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

I
WANT
to
believe.

doo doo do do dooooo dooooo (incase you dont get it.... its from the X-files)
Last edited by PhuckAuthority at Mar 19, 2009,
Galaxies ^

And for humans to think they're the only beings alive on any of the planets in or beyond our solar system is exceptionally egotistical.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Definitely.

Picture this, if the entire universe were the size of earth (still huge, but slightly easier to picture).
If the universe was the size of the earth this period . would be the earth.

If the universe is that huge, do you really think that we are the only planet/star/anything that has life?
I highly doubt it.

I have no doubt in my mind that there are other life forms out there. We just havn't discovered them yet
Quote by Alter-Bridge
Of all the places to teleport, you chose a huge ball of fire?
In my opinion, we can't be the only planet that this sort of evolution has occured on. There are trillions of planets that in the same situation we are, close enough to keep warm, far enough not to burn, there has to be something else out there.

Quote by cpt jaredkent
We just havn't discovered them yet

Or they haven't discovered us yet, that's another intreaging (sp) question.
Last edited by razorback_al_31 at Mar 19, 2009,
Quote by strat0blaster
Galaxies ^

And for humans to think they're the only beings alive on any of the planets in or beyond our solar system is exceptionally egotistical.

Uh...

No other planet in our solar system can support life.

And we're not the only living things in the universe,
we have lots of animals right here with us
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

So you are assuming that if there is other beings out there, they would have advanced further in technology already than us?

You're saying that if there were other lifeforms, that they would have come past earth and made a sign of their existence? Considering the Universe goes on forever?

Just because we haven't found other lifeforms, does that mean that we don't exist?

facepalm to you good sir.

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
You have to be pretty naive to think Earth is the only planet in the entire universe supporting intelligent life.
Quote by sneyob
Uh...

No other planet in our solar system can support life as we know it.

Fixed.

Additionally -

Humans are animals.

dramatic music ensues
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Even at the speed of light, it would take an alien race thousands of years to get to us. There are most certainly aliens somewhere in the universe, but we will probably never communicate.
There has to be another race of lifeforms, we humans are inferior, flawed beings, we are just barely out of the stages of early development of the Human species.
Something for you to think about: If there is something out there, who's to say it hasn't already discovered us?
Quote by the_departed666
Something for you to think about: If there is something out there, who's to say it hasn't already discovered us?

Then why the **** would they disappear if things such as maple syrup and walnut pastrys exist...

***devours one while typing and considering the vastness of space***
Quote by cpt jaredkent
Definitely.

Picture this, if the entire universe were the size of earth (still huge, but slightly easier to picture).
If the universe was the size of the earth this period . would be the earth.

If the universe is that huge, do you really think that we are the only planet/star/anything that has life?
I highly doubt it.

I have no doubt in my mind that there are other life forms out there. We just havn't discovered them yet

Even though that is a good analogy, it doesn't do the concept of infinity justice. We presume that the universe is infinite in size (well, a form of circular, cyclical, infinity), which is a something that we can't begin to truely comprehend. Think of the biggest number you can imagine, and infinity is obviously infinitely larger.
If there is no other forms of life out there, that would be quite sad. And a little lonely...
Which brings me to my next point.

Quote by the humanity
*lights candles*
yes.

This.
Quote by sneyob
Maybe.

^ Best answer anyone can give right now.

+1

I have no problem believing that there could be life somewhere else in the universe, but I'll be damned if I have a shred of evidence to back it up.
Quote by Yerjam
Could be, but the most important thing to remember is that it wasn't your fault, even if it was.
Quote by DegaMeth
Then why the **** would they disappear if things such as maple syrup and walnut pastrys exist...

***devours one while typing and considering the vastness of space***

Because they have things infinitely more deliciouserer (piss off it's a word) that they're hiding from us, laughing at us for not having them. And that is why aliens are evil.
Quote by the_departed666

DUN DUN DUN!

anyway i believe its rather foolish to think that this ENTIRE universe is just for us.
Quote by me_llamo_juan
^You're awesome.

Quote by gtmustang2006
Listen to RageAgnstUrJaw.

"I've wronged you, and steal everything from the truth,
Can we find ourselves, walking through a field with no solitude,
The pain goes on."
Quote by thanksgiving
So you are assuming that if there is other beings out there, they would have advanced further in technology already than us?

You're saying that if there were other lifeforms, that they would have come past earth and made a sign of their existence? Considering the Universe goes on forever?

Just because we haven't found other lifeforms, does that mean that we don't exist?

facepalm to you good sir.

We can glance into distant galaxies, look into the center of our milky way. But I think we would have noticed someone by now.
Earth is the only planet in our solar system. Maybe God thinks we are special and he only placed life on one single planet?
Whether there is life elsewhere in the universe or not, either way it's incredible.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
We can glance into distant galaxies, look into the center of our milky way. But I think we would have noticed someone by now.
Earth is the only planet in our solar system. Maybe God thinks we are special and he only placed life on one single planet?

I'm sorry, i saw the word God in there.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

sarcasm yes?
Quote by me_llamo_juan
^You're awesome.

Quote by gtmustang2006

The pain goes on."
Quote by razorback_al_31

I'm sorry, i saw the word God in there.

That's weird, I could have sworn the point of the thread wasn't to act like a jackass. Where's your brilliant argument, anyway?
Quote by Yerjam
Could be, but the most important thing to remember is that it wasn't your fault, even if it was.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

When looking at distant galaxies, we are actually seeing them as they were thousands, oftentimes millions of years ago. It takes the light that long to get here. Some galaxies are have existed for millions of years but we can't even see them yet because their light hasn't reached us yet. And I don't know if you know this or not but our galaxy is bigger than the solar system... We also can't even see any extrasolar planets (planets outside our solar system) because the stars they orbit are too bright. The only way we detect them is by the Dopple shift in the light their stars emit due to the gravity of extrasolar planets causing the star to wobble. So basically we couldn't see if there is actually any life on any of them.
No sarcasm. I'm dead ****ing serious.
And ^ I get what you are saying, but I don't believe that. They exist. It's like the box cut in half thing. If you cut a box in half with a ball inside. and you dont know what side it is on, it exists in both. No it doesnt, there was only 1 ball, not two.
I don't think life exists anywhere else.

And I meant only planet in our solar system that supports life btw
The sheer size of the universe and the almost infinite possibilities lead me to believe yes.
Quote by Hergiswi
That's weird, I could have sworn the point of the thread wasn't to act like a jackass. Where's your brilliant argument, anyway?

Oh, i thought this was the pit and that was the point of all these threads.

Anyway, i'm not going to have a huge argument about this, you have your views and i have mine. I'm not going to tell you yours are wrong, because my only basis is they are different to mine.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Would we?

I think that their very well is other life forms out their. To think we are the only living things in this mass universe is foolish, and maybe close-minded?
Quote by offspring_punk
9/10 Bobo Jenkins just sounds godly in general. I think I'll name my firstborn child that. Male or female.
if there are any civilisations out there at all, i bet they'll laugh their asses off when they see us.

i imagine them to be united and focused on one common purpose.

not living on the same planet killing each other and stealing each other's oil.
Last edited by daryle_goh at Mar 20, 2009,
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No sarcasm. I'm dead ****ing serious.
And ^ I get what you are saying, but I don't believe that. They exist. It's like the box cut in half thing. If you cut a box in half with a ball inside. and you dont know what side it is on, it exists in both. No it doesnt, there was only 1 ball, not two.
I don't think life exists anywhere else.

And I meant only planet in our solar system that supports life btw

oh okay...the whole "earth is the only planet in our solar system" line made me detect sarcasm

while i don't necessarily agree with your beliefs...i shall respect them glasshoppa
Quote by me_llamo_juan
^You're awesome.

Quote by gtmustang2006

The pain goes on."
i hope that the other life isn't nearly as blood thirsty, genocidal or vengeful as humanity
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
There's more to the light spectrum than what we can see... Who says they're visible? They could be on a very high or low end of the spectrum. The parts we can't see. Maybe evolution will let us see life besides our own one day.
Current Equipment
Jackson DXMG(Iommi)
Ibanez AEF30E
Peavey 6505+ 112
Iommi has work done to it.

On layaway:
Line 6 PODHD 300
Page 1 of 2