What is a good head for metal/metalcore that is $1000-$1500 that is good for bedroom, jamming, and giging. So not to loud that I will wake my parents up durring the middle of the night. Some bands I play are Disturbed, August Burns Red, TDWP and my own metalcoreish riffs. A head would be best since I already have a 2x12 cab.

Thanks
what type of cab? and what city?
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Stop making multiple friends on this!!!! You got plenty good suggestions on your other threads....

EDIT:
Fine, I can't be a dick no matter how hard I try. What type of tone are you after?? What I mean is, do you want American voicing, or British voicing??? Do you want a dark tone, or a bright tone??? Scooped tone or a middy tone?? Need a tight sound or a loose sound??? Lead playing, or rhythm playing???? Ill have a good list one you tell me this.
Last edited by bulletrocks522 at Mar 19, 2009,
Quote by bulletrocks522
Stop making multiple friends on this!!!! You got plenty good suggestions on your other threads....

Well I cant really play a 100watt head in my bedroom can I
Quote by jacksonuser123

Check my edit, and yes you can. I run a 100 watt all-tube half stack in my bedroom.
Quote by jacksonuser123

actually you can. for metal, it is about preamp distortion. and you can play anything quiet. its called a volume knob. dont let some of these bandwagoners fool you.
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
What type of tone are you after?? What I mean is, do you want American voicing, or British voicing??? Do you want a dark tone, or a bright tone??? Scooped tone or a middy tone?? Need a tight sound or a loose sound??? Lead playing, or rhythm playing???? Need any versitality???? Ill have a good list one you tell me this.
Quote by jacksonuser123

the invention of the volume knob has done wonders for amplifiers
~Gear~
'96 Fender Strat MIM
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender '70s Reissue Strat

Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
4x12 Marshall AVT Cab
Marshall AVT50 Combo
Last edited by Rubbah Soul at Mar 19, 2009,
Quote by bulletrocks522

EDIT:
Fine, I can't be a dick no matter how hard I try. What type of tone are you after?? What I mean is, do you want American voicing, or British voicing??? Do you want a dark tone, or a bright tone??? Scooped tone or a middy tone?? Need a tight sound or a loose sound??? Lead playing, or rhythm playing???? Ill have a good list one you tell me this.

Im looking for a Dark tone with midds, deff tight sound I play Lead

I know I keep making threads about this ****, I find something but then people say that you cant play a 100+ head at bedroom volumes without waking ppl up, anyway thanks
Yeah, you can do it as long as you keep the volume on a fraction of 1. I run my 5150 stack at night, you just have to make sure the walls/floor won't carry the sound too much if you can hear the palm muting.
Quote by jacksonuser123

I know I keep making threads about this ****, I find something but then people say that you cant play a 100+ head at bedroom volumes without waking ppl up, anyway thanks

Okay, then. You should get a Mesa/Boogie Mark IV. Tight as ****, middy (very), dark if you want it to be, versitile if you need it to be, known for its lead tone. I would kill for one.
http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/msg/1026010882.html
Its a rackmount, so spend the extra $100 on a rack. You don't NEED one though.
VHT (Fryette) Deliverance ABR used them on the most recent tour. Epic win!
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Last edited by Brendan.Clace at Mar 20, 2009,
Quote by jacksonuser123

BANDWAGON!!
you can play low levels with a 100w head, it will sound good

that being said, Engl Powerball, Engl Fireball, try these amps out.
you can also try out a 6505
perhaps a used VHT of some sort...
Mesa Mark series....
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Alright ill check all thos out, so basically anything can be played at low volumes and I shouldnt listen to ppl who say that they cant?
People can say what they want. The difference is that the amp MAY not sound as good at those lower volume levels. It is definitely possible though.

Again.... a VHT Deliverance would give you waht you are looking for.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
basically they sound good at all volumes.
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by jacksonuser123
Alright ill check all thos out, so basically anything can be played at low volumes and I shouldnt listen to ppl who say that they cant?

Yeah
Mark IV CLIPZZZ to buold t3h GAS:

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=33474

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=30816

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=29880

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=31516

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=29827
Quote by Brendan.Clace
People can say what they want. The difference is that the amp MAY not sound as good at those lower volume levels. It is definitely possible though.

Again.... a VHT Deliverance would give you waht you are looking for.

Alright ill check that out thanks
5153, jsx
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION