...through my marshall DSL 100w head. but my cheap $200 gio series ibanez that i installed EMG's into sounds amazing. i dont want to re-route my prestige for actives, but does anyone know any pickups that will give me a good 80s crunch with an ibanez? the current ones are overly bright, and the guitar has (compared to a les paul) not as much mahogany in the back to balance out the maple top, making the guitar extremely bright to begin with. splittable or tappable humbuckers are a plus, as it uses a 5 way switch with only 2 humbuckers and is meant to be splittable.

also, it sounds great through my line 6 amp when i use more gain than the human ear was meant to witness. it remains extremely clear sounding, lots of clarity. i might want to keep one of the current pickups in there to avoid losing that quality. just throwing that out there.
you know, ive owned 8 different guitars over my lifetime, and right now i have 3. i wanna know what the hell happened...i mean the picks and cables are understandable, they disappear into thin air all the time, but guitars?

you could get some darker passives. and why do you need to route the guitar for EMG's? Wrap them in the foam they come in and shove them in the pickup cavity.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
why reroute for EMG's. EMG's are pretty much the same size as every other pickup. to tap, get 81tw/89. basically an 81/85 but tappable.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
IMO I dont really like Ibanez but I heard EMGs do sound good with them
Panties 'round your knees
With your ass in debris
Doin' dat grind with a push and squeeze
Tied up, tied down, up against the wall
Be my rubbermade baby
An' we can do it all

My way - your way
Anything goes tonight
Quote by Martindecorum
Dimazio goes well with ibanez

I put and Evolution in the bridge of my S and it's amazing.

Ibanez is notorious for not having great pickups stock.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
I put and Evolution in the bridge of my S and it's amazing.

not really, their higher end stuff comes with good pups
prestige=high end
and the xiphos comes with dactivators
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by Holy-Diver
not really, their higher end stuff comes with good pups
prestige=high end
and the xiphos comes with dactivators

I've had two prestige models - an RG 1570 JCraft and my S2120XAV that came with Q1/Q2 pickups.

I didn't care for either of them, but that's preference. I just don't think they're clear enough in the mids for my taste.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
I can attest that an RG with a Tonezone sounds fat as you like through a DSL100. Breeds would sound great too, if a little vintage.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Try a PAF Pro in the neck and a Breed/Evolution/Super Distortion in the bridge.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by rhoadsfan92
...through my marshall DSL 100w head. but my cheap $200 gio series ibanez that i installed EMG's into sounds amazing. i dont want to re-route my prestige for actives, but does anyone know any pickups that will give me a good 80s crunch with an ibanez? the current ones are overly bright, and the guitar has (compared to a les paul) not as much mahogany in the back to balance out the maple top, making the guitar extremely bright to begin with. splittable or tappable humbuckers are a plus, as it uses a 5 way switch with only 2 humbuckers and is meant to be splittable.

also, it sounds great through my line 6 amp when i use more gain than the human ear was meant to witness. it remains extremely clear sounding, lots of clarity. i might want to keep one of the current pickups in there to avoid losing that quality. just throwing that out there.

Seymour Duncan Full Shred or JB!
that sucks that you got yourself a sweet prestige and it is failing you in terms of tone, but we will fix that buddy

80's crunch?

I got your solution

Bridge pup - Dimarzio Super Distortion
neck pup - Dimarzio PAF Pro

that is basically the ultimate 80's setup
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
thanks for the help guys.

Quote by strat0blaster

i actually dont have the stock pickups installed. i bought the guitar used and the guy (who i happen to trust alot) said they were custom duncan antiquity pickups, although i do have the original V7 and V8 lying around somewhere as well. he's a country player, so i guess his idea of a good guitar sound was al little different. to the people asking why EMG would need rerouting, are you guys unaware that a battery is required? but yea, im liking the tonezone idea, and i guess i'll look into the super distortion a bit more, along with most of the other suggestions. i also heard bare knuckle pickups are amazing, but i cant seem to find any clips on their site. any other hints are still welcome, ive got about a week or two before i can get my hands on my money due to a problem with me moving and my bank becoming extremely inconvenient.
you know, ive owned 8 different guitars over my lifetime, and right now i have 3. i wanna know what the hell happened...i mean the picks and cables are understandable, they disappear into thin air all the time, but guitars?

Get a paf pro for the neck while your at it as it is seriously sexy tone!
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Quote by rhoadsfan92
thanks for the help guys.

i actually dont have the stock pickups installed. i bought the guitar used and the guy (who i happen to trust alot) said they were custom duncan antiquity pickups, although i do have the original V7 and V8 lying around somewhere as well. he's a country player, so i guess his idea of a good guitar sound was al little different. to the people asking why EMG would need rerouting, are you guys unaware that a battery is required? but yea, im liking the tonezone idea, and i guess i'll look into the super distortion a bit more, along with most of the other suggestions. i also heard bare knuckle pickups are amazing, but i cant seem to find any clips on their site. any other hints are still welcome, ive got about a week or two before i can get my hands on my money due to a problem with me moving and my bank becoming extremely inconvenient.

.... and?
you just put the battery in the back cavity
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by rhoadsfan92
to the people asking why EMG would need rerouting, are you guys unaware that a battery is required?

Can't you just put in in the back cavity with all the pots? A battery doesn't take THAT much space does it?

Just get one of these and screw that in you cavity to hold the battery.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Can't you just put in in the back cavity with all the pots? A battery doesn't take THAT much space does it?

its not alot of space, but keep in mind ibanez is "mahogany tone without mahogony weight", meaning its beyond thin. i did that with my cheaper ibanez, but this one i honestly dont know if a battery would fit all the way inside the body even with its own cavity unless i only left myself like 2mm of the maple top.

I've got EMGs in my RG - the 9V goes in the back cavity fine. No problem - no modifications necessary to the body.

The ToneZone was a good suggestion. Another great DiMarzio pickup.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
ok, emg people are right. i just measured, and it is doable. i didnt open it up, but the pots shouldnt be hard to work around. although i feel the need to say, last time i got one installed in the back cavity, the battery kept knocking a wire out of my volume knob, so im still staying away from them this time around.

i looked on dimarzio's site and listened to clips, i love the tonezone, PAF Pro, and Super distortion. either going tonezone in the neck with SD in bridge, PAF in neck with tonezone in the bridge, or PAF in the Neck with SD in the bridge. i might buy all 3 and see how things go. ill probably keep the extra for another guitar, or worst case sell it.

thanks again for all the help. i love the guitar acoustically (loads of sustain), it plays extremely well, and the lack of a finish is beautiful. so once the pickups are switched it should be amazing.