Is there a way to do this? Like when I wanna go distortion to clean, i also want chorus, reverb, and delay on the clean. So is there like a way so that I only have to push one pedal from simple distortion to many-effect clean?
Quote by Garret.
fortify your anus

you never know what could happen
Quote by happytimeharry
I just had an odd mental image of someone building up a fort around their asshole made out of Lincoln Logs.

Quote by sacred_silence7
it's cause you forgot to put in an extra hammer-on

MUSE FAN?!!
an a/b box.

you could put your distortion pedals on A and your clean on B. keep them all on and when you want to switch just press the a/b switch.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by mikeyElite
an a/b box.

you could put your distortion pedals on A and your clean on B. keep them all on and when you want to switch just press the a/b switch.

i think he means amp distortion.
like switching channels on his amp, from dirty to clean.
███████████████████████████████████
^ this is pretty much your only way (thats cheap) but if money isnt a problem, you could a midi footswitch controller and preload effects onto it

EDIT: That was to the 1st reply about the A/B box

EDIT2 : to the 2nd reply, he means pedals, from distortion pedals to modulation pedals with just one switch not 4
Last edited by halvies at Mar 20, 2009,
Good luck.

Get fast feet, man. I saw someone solder two rods together into a V, then attach them to a flat plate at the base so when you stepped on the flat plate, it pressed down both pedals at once. If you're a DIY'er, that'll work.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
No, what you want is a looper, not an A/B box (if you mean using amp distortion to clean+fx). SOmething like this:
http://www.indoorstorm.com/burriss/aba006.jpg

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Effects loop.
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
On the cheap you can use a 2x4 and secure it over the switches of the pedals. You could also use an ABY switch along with a Y cable.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Look up a product called the Carl Martin Octa-Switch. It's fantastic for complex pedal switching duties when you don't want to build a Midi rig. Otherwise, build a Midi rig.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by 1337guitarplayr
Is there a way to do this? Like when I wanna go distortion to clean, i also want chorus, reverb, and delay on the clean. So is there like a way so that I only have to push one pedal from simple distortion to many-effect clean?

This is a previous poster's img ^^^ There are some loopers out there with two footswitches, in effect a dual effect loop instead of just one like the picture. An effect loop pedal with 2 effects loops is a perfect affordable option. I bought one online for $55. Its hand-built and has true bypass.

1. It keeps tone sucking pedals out of the chain. You can put your modulation pedals in the loop, leave those pedals on but turn off loop 1, and as soon as you turn it on, all those pedals will come on together.

2. You can put your overdrive/distortion pedals on the loop 2. The footswitches are next to each other, so the switch between loop 1 and 2 is simple.
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
^ +1. You need a True Bypass looper. You can also get big ones (Carl Martin OctaSwitch) if you want lots of combinations.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com