I recently bought a Ibanez RGT6EXFX with a fixed bridge and 81/85 EMG. The guitar is amazing. I cant just get used the the string tension. For some reason even though im in lowerer tunnings the low E feels very tight still as if im in standard. Some might consider this a good thing but i really dont like it to much. Its harder to get good resonating open notes. It doesnt have the balls!

the viper is not like this at all. Iv been playing with a viper 400 for almost 3 years now and iv become very used to the bridge/tension. Im playing from Drop C-A#. Have GHS Boomers 11-50 on both guitars.

Im guessing it has to do with the scale of the guitars.
LTD: 24.75
Ibanez: 25.5

Is their anything i can do to loosen the overall tension of the strings on the Ibanez and give it the same BALLSY sound as the viper. Does the scale of the neck matter that much? Both guitars are very similar if anything the ibanez is a nicer guitar

thx
Esp Ltd Viper 400
Ibanez RGT6EXFX
Peavey 5150 II
Randall Jag Cab
Mesa Boogie Oversized Cab
Maxon OD808
Boss Pedals
Last edited by ComradeRose at Mar 20, 2009,
Get lighter strings, long scale have quite a bit more tension. Now, that'll help with the tension, I don't know if it'll make the guitar sound the way you want.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Wont it make the sound not as ballsy because the string isnt a big ?
Esp Ltd Viper 400
Ibanez RGT6EXFX
Peavey 5150 II
Randall Jag Cab
Mesa Boogie Oversized Cab
Maxon OD808
Boss Pedals
Maybe. I never thought changing one gauge made a difference tonewise, but YMMV.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not