After recent studies, I found out my vocal range is from

G3 - A5

So what does this mean exactly?

And what's the proper name for this range?
Tenor? Soprano?

I'm new to singing and yeah, sorry.
I'm a 17 year old male if that helps?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

And sorry if this is in the wrong section of UG
Your light bulb knows everything you do in your room.
looks like tenor to me, but I could be wrong.

I only know this:

Male: Bass, Baritone, Tenor
Female: something, alt, soprano
Looks like a Tenor 2, but i'm not sure. I'm a tenor, and my lowest note is somewhere around G below the top line A in the Bass clef.

If not a Tenor, then you're a Baritone. But you're most likely tenor.
I see,
Well a few mates of mine said I sound a bit like "Craig Mabbitt" who
apparently has a high tenor voice.

It's heapsssss confusing. :l
Well you have many different variations on vocal ranges. Like Mezzo Soprano for example. I dón't know the correct lingo though. So you're right on the confusing part.
Quote by pandora_grunt
Well you have many different variations on vocal ranges. Like Mezzo Soprano for example. I dón't know the correct lingo though. So you're right on the confusing part.

Ahhh crap
Definetly Tenor.

Tenor range starts abou C3-G5.
Listen to my band - www.myspace.com/theacidiks
Fender MIM P Bass - Badass II Bridge, Seymour Duncan (Basslines) SPB-3 - Strings 55-115 (Standard Tuning)
EHX Big Bass Muff
Ashdown MAG 300 2-10T
Epiphone G-400 (.11-.52)
LGBT
Wait, so is my range decent, good, or terrible?
Quote by kingofchilis
Definetly Tenor.

Tenor range starts abou C3-G5.

Okay, Thank you so much
Its a pretty decent range, especially for a 17 year old male like yourself.

Im also 17, but my range is, F2-G5, but since there is emphasis on the lower notes, i would consider myself baritone. But using falsetto males can get much higher than G5. All it takes is practice etc. to get a larger range, someone once told me, 'A male never forgets his childhood singing voice', you can get higher if you want, but its practice practice practice, simalar to guitar!
Fender MIM P Bass - Badass II Bridge, Seymour Duncan (Basslines) SPB-3 - Strings 55-115 (Standard Tuning)
EHX Big Bass Muff
Ashdown MAG 300 2-10T
Epiphone G-400 (.11-.52)
LGBT
Yeah, 'tis roughly tenor my friend.

To put it simply a 2 octave range really isn't phenomenal, that said it's all dependent on your definition of "good vocal range"

I know a lot of excellent baritone singers who can sing higher and stronger than most of the tenors I know because they've taken the time to work on their limits which in turn extends their range.

Right now, I'd call your range decent, it's by no means bad, a lot of guys can't break out of an octave with any real strength. But if you really want to belt it, I suggest some vocal coaching to help extend your highs and lows. Remembering the lows are still very important as all of the harmonics in the highs are contained within the lows, this makes it all relative.

So, dig deeper for your lows, shoot higher for your highs and your range will expand steadily.
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
Alright, thanks kingofchilis and Shredder XXX

practice, here i come
Not a problem
EHX Big Bass Muff
Ashdown MAG 300 2-10T
Epiphone G-400 (.11-.52)
LGBT
*Sort of* tenor.

Your range is almost exactly what mine is. It is with some hesitation I call myself a tenor, when more technically correct, I am a baritone.

Here's the scoop:

An operatic tenor (what most would call a true tenor) should be able to sing up to the C at the 8th fret. I can't. I can get Bb... which makes me a relatively okay 'choral' tenor. Generally, up to the G or A is often called a 'pop tenor.'

A baritone should be able to sing from the third fret G (6th string) to the third fret G (first string)

A lyric baritone is a baritone whose strong notes are towards the top of their register, who can often hit a note or two above the true baritone range. That's you, by the sounds of things.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by pandora_grunt
looks like tenor to me, but I could be wrong.

I only know this:

Male: Bass, Baritone, Tenor
Female: something, alt, soprano

Male: Bass, Baritone, Tenor, Countertenor (Contralto or Mezzo Soprano)
Female: Contralto, Mezzo Soprano, Soprano

I write songs.
YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THEM
Currently Requiring Crits:
none