As a rule, multi fx pedals have quite digital sounding distortion.

If you want more gain, get a single effects pedal.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shadow__666
As a rule, multi fx pedals have quite digital sounding distortion.

If you want more gain, get a single effects pedal.

You dont GET single rffects where I live-only BOSS and Zoom MFX. Don't want to get a Zoom, so Boss is the only option.
You can't even get a Boss DS-1 or something like that?

P.S. I see you're in Calcutta, my dad went to school there. Just thought I'd say that. I really shouldn't drink and post.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shadow__666
You can't even get a Boss DS-1 or something like that?

P.S. I see you're in Calcutta, my dad went to school there. Just thought I'd say that. I really shouldn't drink and post.

You saw my address....is that a good enough answer? All you get here are Zooms. EVERYONE here has a Zoom......recently a Roland shop came up around an hour from my place that sells Boss MFX. No single pedals.
Can you order from the US or somewhere? I know a few shops in New Zealand who might be willing to ship to you.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by shadow__666
Can you order from the US or somewhere? I know a few shops in New Zealand who might be willing to ship to you.

Don't have a credit card.

EDIT: And no, dad doesn't have one either. He changed it for a debit card after his details got stolen once.

EDIT 2: So buying from the local shop is the last resort. Can't use amps for distortion cause the ones you get here(local company called Stranger) dont have dirty channels. And theres no point overdriving them cause they simply won't break up-a friend has one, with all knobs at max, all I got was a load of noise, no distortion.
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at Mar 20, 2009,
OK, then the best advice I got is to go and ask the Roland shop people if the can get a Boss DS-1 in for you. If they say they can't, then just try the ME-50 and ME-70 out and decide for yourself. I don't know much about the ME-70, but here's an example of an ME-50 sounding fairly good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvM42yZnPq4
Quote by Cathbard
Yeah, my cousins over there are getting pretty stressed out also.
Quote by Cathbard
Most of them are in Madras or Hyderabad. I got no idea what exactly they were doing; I just spoke to them a few days ago and they told me they were hard out studying.

You guys get it hard though. Over here, if you have any brains you can go all through high school and get into university without even studying in school or trying. I picked up the books a few times at the end of last year and I got into BCom/Law.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by shadow__666
Most of them are in Madras or Hyderabad. I got no idea what exactly they were doing; I just spoke to them a few days ago and they told me they were hard out studying.

You guys get it hard though. Over here, if you have any brains you can go all through high school and get into university without even studying in school or trying. I picked up the books a few times at the end of last year and I got into BCom/Law.

You are soooooo right..........
My board exams are going on. I haven't, like, stopped studying since December. The consequences of not picking up my books even once the rest of the year....