So I only have a crappy 15 watt Line 6 Spider III that sounds like crap.
Instead of getting a new practice amp, I want to upgrade to something BIG.

But I have no idea what to even begin to look at.

I play metal, classic rock, alternative, blues, etc.
pretty much everything.

So obviously I want something with a nice distortion to it (or a good pedal to go with whatever suggestion you may have)
and a very good clean sound.

Don't mind prices, I'll worry about that when I make up my mind haha.

Thanks in advance.
Quote by NikkoFreako
So I only have a crappy 15 watt Line 6 Spider III that sounds like crap.
Instead of getting a new practice amp, I want to upgrade to something BIG. So is size the main concern? So many ways to go with that but please clarify - are you now starting to gig?

But I have no idea what to even begin to look at. Welcome to GG&A...

I play metal, classic rock, alternative, blues, etc.
pretty much everything. OK got that.

Don't mind prices, I'll worry about that when I make up my mind haha. Seriously, $5000? $500? Give us some direction here. Also what market are you in, what is your nearest major city?

Thanks in advance. De nada

See my responses in bold above.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
You probably want a nice sounding tube combo amp. Its hard to get a good sound out of a solid state amp sometimes.

Try out a Bugera, Peavey or Crate if you want to save some money (spend $300-700). I own a crate and it has a pretty good tone for several types of music. A Marshall or Mesa Boogie will set you back quite a bit more. Just try a few amps out at your local music store that meet your needs and see which tone you like best. You can take all the suggestions in the world, but if you don't like the amp afterward, why buy it?
Last edited by jjhand at Mar 20, 2009,
I plan on gigging soon, and my amp definitely will not do.

let's go with a little less than $1000.

I'm in CA,
Bay area, so major city would be SF.
I think a real versatile amp is the Fender Hot Rode Deville . You can get the clean Fender tones, its a tube amp, and it takes pedals really well.
They are reasonably priced, and the 2 x 12 combo really screams.
I'd also look into Peavey amps...maybe the Classic 50 212.
im in the same predicament as you man. I mostly just play metal though, same price range. small world huh?