what do u guys think about me getting that setup. I am on a budget so i cant buy an expensive guitar but i still want quality pickups. Whats the good and bad things about Epiphone Goths and replacing pickups on them. I like playing rock and metal too. thanks.
Last edited by Gatermag at Mar 20, 2009,
I've only played it w/ stock pickups and it was fine, the tone was a little bland and the neck felt a little cheap, but for the price of the Goth and new pickups you can get a PRS SE, the tremonti se is good for metal if that's what you play. but the goth is good
Gear:
My Voice
PRS Tremonti II
PRS Hollowbody II w/ Piezo Blue Matteo
PRS 513 25th anniversary
PRS Tremonti SE
Fender John Mayer Relic strat "the black one"

did i mention i like PRS?

20th Anniversary Bogner Shiva
Well I say this every time some one mentions the Epi Goths but in when I tried them it felt like I was holding high grit sand paper. IMO they are awesome looking guitars and some people like them but for my money I think there are better guitars for the price.

When I compared it against similarly priced Washburns there was no contest the Washburn felt so much better. If you really want a Les Paul styled guitar check out Agile, I've never tried them but people on this board who have them rave about their quality for the price. The only reason I wouldn't buy an Agile though is because you can't try them before buying them, they are pretty much sold factory direct.
Depends which 'Goth' you're talking about.

The Goth Explorer and SG are both fine guitars. Not great, but acceptable. They're just the same as the standard G-400 and Explorer but with a satin black finish.

The Goth LP is based on the Studio model though, and it's pretty bad.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
The other guy in my band has a Goth LP and it's pretty cool, feel wise it's almost identical to my Epi LP studio. They seem pretty well built, they just a LP standard with out the bells and whistles like binding and inlays. Pickups are good but unremarkable, I think it'd rip with EMGs in it
nar mate
its ****

EMG's are good tho
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by Waylanderau
feel wise it's almost identical to my Epi LP studio.
That's because it is an Epi LP Studio. It's the exact same guitar, just they gave it a satin black finish and all-black hardware. That's it, it's just a special finish for the Studio.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Have you looked at the Epiphone Prophecy line?

That might be a good fit for you.
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

This thread proves Gigatiran is awesome, and a lot more awesome than your average awesome. I bet he even owns a duster like Dennis Reynolds.
Quote by Gigatiran
Have you looked at the Epiphone Prophecy line?

That might be a good fit for you.

This man speaks the truth. Much better guitars
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals