Page 1 of 2
So yesterday I found myself just thinking alone. Sometimes it's nice to just be alone with your thoughts. But I found myself thinking of something that surprised me. And suddenly it happend, I had a revalation. This thread is for serious discussion of intimate thoughts, if you dont have something relevant to say take it somewhere else.

So then, I realized suddenly that my life is dictated, manipulated, and under the jurisdiction of ritual. Not meaningful ritual, useless ritual that no one will look at and say "Thats not working and it doesnt make sense". Every morning I get up, go to school, and waste so much time. I learn nothing, I feel nothing, and as I look around I see nothing. Yes they have faces, and ideas, maybe some of them even have hopes. But they are nothing. They are going to leave this rediuclous place, and go to college, there they will spend a lot of money, and waste more time. They will waste so much time that they can finally get a good job. Now finally they may begin working to pay for their college debts. They have wasted 4 years to get a job to pay for the waste of 4 years. And now what when the debt is gone? You will pay for insurance, car payments, and fuel fees, so you may go to your job. And it doesnt make a goddam ****ing bit of sense.

So I have promised myself this. The day I become of legal age i'm going to do something I hadn't quiet pictured myself doing. I am going to move far away, with no money at all. I will prove to myself that this ridiculous patern does not have to be followed. I will not exchange any form of government issued currency for one year, unless it becomes a situation of life or death. I will not use modern technology, only a guitar and whatever I can find use out of wherever I end up.

This is not crazy. This is probably the only thing that has ever made sense to me at all. People have lived for many many years before us without a peice of paper that dictates all mankind. I am sick of the evil I see in this world every day, and I will not be a part of it. I am sick of the idocracy in this world, and I will not stand next to it pointing a finger. I am simply going to leave the room.

If you actually read that wall of text kudo's, and feel free to post your revalations.
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
You mean Revelations?

By the way, two of my friends are doing the exact same thing. I don't recommend it at all. Try it for a year, have fun for that time. Then go back to school.
Last edited by KeepOnRotting at Mar 20, 2009,
Fight the machine! Release the shackles the hold us!

...or dont.

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
Quote by hippotato7
you realized something that we all do, and no you won't move away, it just wont happen

I am moving regaurdless, I live in a terrible place full of hate that is placed in the hands of god. I hate this place. So why move to some city and follow a routine. Why not give this a shot. I just dont see my mind rejecting it.
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
You do realize that people go to college and become Doctors to save peoples lives?

People become buisnessmen to run the economy and try to ensure that Australia has good chance of living with all possible resources?

People become policeman to protect and keep order in the world?

You sound like you're just trying to be a "rebel outcast" because you either feel left out and are angry, or you just want attention.

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Quote by CrossBack7
You can't really get by without using money AT ALL for a year. Sorry, just won't happen. Unless you get good at stealing. In which case, you'll get caught eventually.

Sir. Money is pointless. You dont think people can survive without it? There are trees every day blossoming with fresh fruit. There are endless seas of squirming fish. There are millions of lakes and streams with fresh water. Nature was designed to keep us alive on its own.
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
Quote by IwannaBeSadated
Sir. Money is pointless. You dont think people can survive without it? There are trees every day blossoming with fresh fruit. There are endless seas of squirming fish. There are millions of lakes and streams with fresh water. Nature was designed to keep us alive on its own.

Lets take a look at how we used to live with "nature" as you say.

People used to die from the common cold. Think how much disease has advanced. If everyone just gave up their job and stopped learning about disease and all these sorts of things, we would start dying out.

Think of people with cancer. Do you suggest we just all stop giving them treatment?

Quote by Våd Hamster

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Quote by IwannaBeSadated

So I have promised myself this. The day I become of legal age i'm going to do something I hadn't quiet pictured myself doing. I am going to move far away, with no money at all. I will prove to myself that this ridiculous patern does not have to be followed. I will not exchange any form of government issued currency for one year, unless it becomes a situation of life or death. I will not use modern technology, only a guitar and whatever I can find use out of wherever I end up.

If you wanna do this properly, you're gonna have to move to some wilderness somewhere, completely away from any civilisation and build yourself a log cabin or some other form of shelter, learn to hunt, learn to gather, learn to process and store food, learn all sorts of survival skills, ect. ect.

Are you sure you're up for this kinda life, because it's seriously hard work just to survive in such conditions.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Mar 20, 2009,
"Money is pointless."?

The world disagrees with you.

It's called trade and it's one of the most important concepts in history.
Quote by IwannaBeSadated

People have lived for many many years before us without a peice of paper that dictates all mankind.

Your right, at first it was solids like gold. Seriously, there has always been currency, and if you think otherwise then your stupid.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
If you wanna do this properly, you're gonna have to move to some wilderness somewhere, completely away from any civilisation and build yourself a log cabin or some other form of shelter, learn to hunt, learn to gather, learn to process and store food, learn all sorts of survival skills, ect. ect.

You're bandleading stories are something that have kept me entertained on lonely nights. Thank you good sir.

Quote by Våd Hamster

Quote by thanksgiving
Lets take a look at how we used to live with "nature" as you say.

People used to die from the common cold. Think how much disease has advanced. If everyone just gave up their job and stopped learning about disease and all these sorts of things, we would start dying out.

Think of people with cancer. Do you suggest we just all stop giving them treatment?

I'm not suggesting YOU do anything. This just makes sense to me. I understand that it cannot to other people, but thats ok. This isnt for you. I just cant stand the world right now. I cant stand it to the point I could cry. There are thousands of voices screaming to the top of their lungs, and no one will listen. No one will be heard. Im sorry if its not the most thought out plan, but for once I will not think before I act, I will simply do. For once.
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
Quote by thanksgiving
You're bandleading stories are something that have kept me entertained on lonely nights. Thank you good sir.

Gosh, that was unexpected, but thank you very much anyway.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Mar 22, 2009,
Oh BTW judging by your sig it seems like you're a bit of a consumer. Gotta stop that man. You don't want to circulate money and help people make a living...
Quote by sglover34479
Your right, at first it was solids like gold. Seriously, there has always been currency, and if you think otherwise then your stupid.

Gold had a value because it was actually valuable. I realize forms of currency have always been around, but not as it is now. Gold was smeltable, was used for actual creation, that gave it its value. Today currency is simply a mindset.
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
Quote by IwannaBeSadated
I'm not suggesting YOU do anything. This just makes sense to me. I understand that it cannot to other people, but thats ok. This isnt for you. I just cant stand the world right now. I cant stand it to the point I could cry. There are thousands of voices screaming to the top of their lungs, and no one will listen. No one will be heard. Im sorry if its not the most thought out plan, but for once I will not think before I act, I will simply do. For once.

Killing people made sense to Hitler. His actions were unfounded.

I'm not saying your killing people. But you're saying your life is under control and in the hands of god?

It just sounds like you're pissed off at school.

Quote by Våd Hamster

Quote by IwannaBeSadated

I'm sorry to burst your bubble but...
You may be able to pick fruit..and possibly fish, but u can't live off only it, you need other things, like shelter etc
So lets say your good at fishing and catch many fish, but your not good at building your own shelter.
You find someone else who is good at building shelters, who in exchange for building your shelter you will trade them lots of fish. This works fine as a trade.
But lets say he doesn't want fish? He wants... Weapons/tools?
Now then you have to go find someone who makes weapons & tools who is willing to trade for your fish. In the event that you do find someone, it ends up taking a long time and is difficult. So thus it would be easier to have a medium for exchange.
you could give the man who built the shelter say... 8 large pebbles ( there's only 8 cause they're extra big pebbles? ?)
And he can then go and trade these pebbles for tools etc.
This stops the problem of having to find someone who want the good you trade.
In the modern world today, these jobs u don't like and the good you trade.
You trade your skills you have in your profession.
If your an accountant, you do accounts/give advice.
If your a lawyer you help people with the law (and are rich lol)
If your a dr you can help sick people..
Imagine your sick and you needed help, and you went to the doctor and you needed medicine, but the dr didn't want your fish... he only wanted oranges? What would happen? you'd be pretty screwed haha... cause then you'd have to go trade fish for oranges. and so on and so forth and then it just ends up being like those role playing games where you have to do one thing for someone, but then you have to do half a dozen things just to get the original one done?

I think i covered what i meant to say without going in circles too much
Quote by IwannaBeSadated
Im sorry if its not the most thought out plan, but for once I will not think before I act, I will simply do. For once.

Then you will simply die.
If you just decide to go for it one day without any preperation or or training or learning how to survive before hand, then you'll be screwed.
It's not like every tree has masses of lovely edible fruit on it all year round, and it's not like you'd be able to survive on them even if they had.

Listen, I know guys that have actualy done this, I've even been tempted to do it myself, (and at the time I asked these guys for advice, which is how I can advise you now) but every one of those guys will tell you that you have to prepare yourself to take on this kinda lifestyle. You need to learn to be an 'outdoorsman'. Probably the best way to do that is to go and live with a remote tribe somewhere for a period of time before finding your own bit of wilderness.
If you just decide to go for it one day without any preperation or or training or learning how to survive before hand, then you'll be screwed.
Quote by thanksgiving
Killing people made sense to Hitler. His actions were unfounded.

I'm not saying your killing people. But you're saying your life is under control and in the hands of god?

It just sounds like you're pissed off at school.

Pretty much.

I think the point is being missed completly. The idea is that my life is to be controled by no one, jesus if I left my life in the hands of God I would fear the outcome. And the statement with hitler doesnt make sense, His idea made sense to him, and he persuaded an entire country until it made sense to them too. I'm just saying this sounds like a good way to prove there is another side to life that isnt so commercialized and fake.
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
Quote by IwannaBeSadated
Gold had a value because it was actually valuable. I realize forms of currency have always been around, but not as it is now. Gold was smeltable, was used for actual creation, that gave it its value. Today currency is simply a mindset.

Gold is valuable, but its not very practicle (not sure of the spelling) to carry around a lump of gold with you is it?
And the currency is meant to reflect the amount of reserves of gold we have, that's what backs our currency
You know what my biggest revelation was?

When I realised that I could cook Bacon, whenever I wanted.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
I had a revelation. We're all just like, super-monkeys with clothes on. Thats it really.
Quote by Giamancat
I had a revelation. We're all just like, super-monkeys with clothes on. Thats it really.

Presumptuous aren't we?
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by metacarpi
Presumptuous aren't we?

That leads to another revelation:

We're all naked underneath our clothes
Quote by Giamancat
That leads to another revelation:

We're all naked underneath our clothes

I'm not, I'm wearing two vests.
Quote by IwannaBeSadated
Pretty much.

I think the point is being missed completly. The idea is that my life is to be controled by no one, jesus if I left my life in the hands of God I would fear the outcome. And the statement with hitler doesnt make sense, His idea made sense to him, and he persuaded an entire country until it made sense to them too. I'm just saying this sounds like a good way to prove there is another side to life that isnt so commercialized and fake.

Wrong, most of Germany didnt know about the genocide. Do you remember in Pulp Fiction, when SamJack said he was going to walk the earth, and Travolta said, you are choosing to become a bum. Think about it.
Quote by metal4ever6328
Wrong, most of Germany didnt know about the genocide. Do you remember in Pulp Fiction, when SamJack said he was going to walk the earth, and Travolta said, you are choosing to become a bum. Think about it.

They either didn't know or they were all too **** scared not to join.

Quote by Våd Hamster

Quote by soulflyV
I remember you posting that in the other thread

Where's your originality!?

Where's your originality?

Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by soulflyV
I -er -um.. uh

You win this time.

No, you win this time..... wait......
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by soulflyV
I remember you posting that in the other thread

Where's your originality!?

And I remember the guy who writes XKCD posting it before him!
Quote by SmarterChild
And I remember the guy who writes XKCD posting it before him!

|| тнαикѕgıvıиg || says:
hey i see you posted in that revelations thread

- SmarterChild - contributing to charity says:

want 2 learn ways 2 schedule more "me time"? does your life need some simplifying? check out http://www.simplifyyourlife.t-mobile.msn.com/

people always ask me if there's a smarter bot than smarterchild. well, now there is! add wilma@live.com 2 your contact list 2 c what i mean!

during the course of our conversations u may c sponsored messages. these messages have the word "sponsorship" at the end. sponsors help me remain free of cost 2 u! 2 learn more about sponsored messages, click here ---> http://web.smarterchild.com/ct?9bva/0

that's interesting that u should say that, but i don't think i can answer.

Would you mind explaining that?

Quote by Våd Hamster

Page 1 of 2