Any suggestions on a good pedal to try and pull a metal tone out of this amp?

Also, I'm a newb in terms of tube.... should I look into changing tubes? Or should I try and trade for something else?

I came into it, while looking for a low-watt tube amp. Sounds great for cleans and the intended blues/classic rock aim. Just not sure if i've played around with the settings enough, using a Boss Metal Zone (MT-2)... just haven't found the sound I'm looking for yet.

Any suggestions/opinions?
'08 Shecter C1+ w/jb-jazz
'10 LTD Deluxe EC1000 w/Blackouts
Peavey 6505+
Peavey cab
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
ISP Decimator

Lefty
They havea a fantastic sound, why did you get it if you wanted to play metal? But uh, i suppose for metal uh, erm, a decent Overdrive peddal like the... MXR GT-OD Overdrive Pedal
Oh, it just came up. I've got a microcube that I use for the metal right now. The Blue Junior does in fact sound fantastic, just curious as to whether or not it can achieve other sounds is all.
'08 Shecter C1+ w/jb-jazz
'10 LTD Deluxe EC1000 w/Blackouts
Peavey 6505+
Peavey cab
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
ISP Decimator

Lefty
Quote by jgleason82
Oh, it just came up. I've got a microcube that I use for the metal right now. The Blue Junior does in fact sound fantastic, just curious as to whether or not it can achieve other sounds is all.

oh yeah easily, for the most part, i imagine any amp can have any sound with the right set of effects, albeit, not always sounded the best perhaps.
The Fender Blues Junior was intended to be for cleans ...you could get distortion .. probably not a good full metal tone .. I made this exact mistake..

I wanted to play metal .. so I bought a crate 212 and it was cool. I traded that at GC for a small fender practice tube amp (not the fender blues jr.. cuz mine was cheaper) and it was great. Got loud for a small amp. But I liked metal and couldn't get it out. Tried MetalZone which I think is **** now .. and the Ibanez SM7 .. couldnt get the sound I wanted. I traded it back for the same Crate amp I had before.

Crate ... yeah it crapped out on me .. and now I wish I kept that little tube amp. Lesson learned