I'm dying to learn Throes of Perdition by Trivium to play at a school talent show with my band but I only have a 6 string.

I've heard you could tune down to BEADGB but then I have no clue how to work the solo. Any words of wisdom?

Btw I already learned 6 string adaptions for Down From the Sky and Torn Between Scylla and Charybdis. Hopefully in the future the same thing can be said about Throes
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
if you could play a 7 string song on a 6 there would be no need for a 7.
you could move all the lower chords up an octave but if you retune then you wont be able to play the solo as its missing the high e
Well I don't mind playing some parts (the 7 string parts I guess) a little higher, seeing as how that's what I did for Torn Between but I'm thinking for the parts I'll need to adjust for, will I have to play it the same way or use different fingering to make it sound better?
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Hah i've tried the same thing dude

Throes can't be done in 6 string standard. It has a lot of open B's and notes lower than the low E

Try Into the Mouth of Hell We March. Basically the only bit that needs changing is instead of fret 1 B string use fret 3 A string. Sounds pretty good. Apart from that its all 6 string compatable!
Quote by Random3
Hah i've tried the same thing dude

Throes can't be done in 6 string standard. It has a lot of open B's and notes lower than the low E

Try Into the Mouth of Hell We March. Basically the only bit that needs changing is instead of fret 1 B string use fret 3 A string. Sounds pretty good. Apart from that its all 6 string compatable!

he said he'll tune down to B standard on the 6 string...
Quote by Random3
Nope they both have 7

Oh.

I just realized in the video, both of them are using 6 strings.
Just answer me this

Is it even POSSIBLE to play some parts an octave higher and still have it sound good? (like it fits at least)?
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by TheBodomBullet
Just answer me this

Is it even POSSIBLE to play some parts an octave higher and still have it sound good? (like it fits at least)?

just an octave higher would make it difficult.
as i said before, playing in drop D (for example) would make you play along the tab in the correct key , but not in the song's key.
to play an octave higher would mean too much effort.
i hope you understand what i say, i dont know to explain this better
Quote by szekelymihai
just an octave higher would make it difficult.
as i said before, playing in drop D (for example) would make you play along the tab in the correct key , but not in the song's key.
to play an octave higher would mean too much effort.
i hope you understand what i say, i dont know to explain this better

So if I can MORE OR LESS use drop d to play an acceptable version of Throes?
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
used to put my ibanez 6 string, in 7 string tuning, jsut lacking the high E. needed fat string gauge and had to set up everything, intonation, action, bridge, what a mess. its really fun, but if you need the high e (which i definently did, damn you circus maximus), its not worth it. just buy a 7 or choose a different song, like said before.
Jackson DKMG Dinky, Ibanez RG 7321, Ibanez RG 350EX
Bugera 6262-212 (120 watt), Line 6 Spider lll (30 watt)

Pearl Forum Series Drums
Sabian B8 Cymbals (ride, hi-hats, 3x crash, splash)
no. octave pedals only duplicate the sound at a different octave, not morph the originating signal itself into a lower or higher octave. besides, they only really work for single notes. Power-chords and all that tend to get REALLY muddy and clustered up when using an octave pedal.
i've done this before with my friends cause he dont have a 7 string so we just brought .11 gauge strings for him and it was fine. just drop it to b and you will be fine. the solo you are missing just the e which is literally just 5 notes you are missing 20-24th fret on the e. so the solo should be no problem at all.
yeah i usually just tune the guitar to B and you would be able to play the top strings and emulate that sound. go for 10-50 they work suprisingly well
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs