I've searched around on this forum for thoughts on different looper pedals but havent found too much. I am planning on getting a looper within in the next week or so and i'm wondering which one people like the best. I've heard good things about the Akai Headrush, Digitech Jamman, and the red Boss pedal.

Does anyone use these or have praise for other good looper pedals? I'm not running a limited budget so i'd like to get something pretty decent.
They all have their separate uses. IMO, the Boss RC-2 isn't worth it. It's only slightly cheaper than the Akai Headrush E2, and less versatile. The Digitech Jamman is good for sampling and really REALLY extensive looping/layering, but it's a lot more expensive than the E2.

I have an Akai Headrush E2 and I have nothing but good things to say about it. Really good and very intuitive looping functions, and great delays as well. I strongly recommend it.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
I am currently in possession of a mates akai headrush and it's an easy to use and functional piece o kit. Pretty common on ebay as well if I remember correctly.
The RC-2 is fine for practice, and jamming, but not gigging. Mainly because it uses the knobs more than the footswitch to select modes etc. IMO the functions are all the same, just a little more difficult to learn/use. So if convenience counts, go for something a little more, but if you just want a bear bones looper the RC-2 is fine.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
The RC-2 is fine for practice, and jamming, but not gigging. Mainly because it uses the knobs more than the footswitch to select modes etc. IMO the functions are all the same, just a little more difficult to learn/use. So if convenience counts, go for something a little more, but if you just want a bear bones looper the RC-2 is fine.

+1

It's a great little looper, if you don't need it for gigging, since you would need the extra footswitch then, and that prices it near the rc20 and jamman.

That being said i got mine for about 150, and can find no faults with it in 2 years.