Page 1 of 2
Me and some friends started a band 2 months ago and have just done our first 2 recordings. We are all aged 14-15 and we are looking for gigs. Whats your opinion on our music:

www.myspace.com/supernova1003995

Take a look and comment on what you think...

Thanks lewis

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

Gone digital! NI audio 8 into guitar rig and ableton live!

AWESOME!
I only listened to The Trooper and it was very sloppy, hated the guitar effect, drummer doesn't do the main riff fills and the voice is plain boring without any enthousiasm. Sorry for being so harsh.
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook
I'm not even listening I can't be arsed, but I can be bothered to write a sarky comment, suggesting it might be better if you were to just burn yourselves.
Quote by Giamancat
I'm not even listening I can't be arsed, but I can be bothered to write a sarky comment, suggesting it might be better if you were to just burn yourselves.

+1
BROCCOLIS
I ated them all.
You're terrible.
That is all.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

practice
get better
use correct forum

or

die

whichever is quicker
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
meh. the instruments are kida interesting with the flange and wah and whatever the hell else, but for the love of god, turn the singers mike up, and if he really can't sing, make him talk like in the Fall (for instance).
Also, you'll need to write some songs, or atleast have more than 15 minutes worth of material to gig.
There are some hot girls in the friends list on the side.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
guess thats it relly all to do now is to break up if wer really that bad. Thanks for making me feel crap and not offering any support.

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

AWESOME!
wrong fourm, and i'll be polite, keep practicing, the guitar playing wasnt really wrong, the tone just sounded bad
Quote by lewisg1
guess thats it relly all to do now is to break up if wer really that bad. Thanks for making me feel crap and not offering any support.

I apologise for my earlier comment. I think you rock and will go very far young man. Don't give up or burn yourself or anything like that. Bravo!!

Still havn't listened though
Quote by lewisg1

thats just whiny pussy attitude. you said yourself you've only been together 2 months.
its not nearly as bad as everyone is saying, i didnt mid some of the riffs on the original. seriously lay off the phaser though

when i posted my first song online everyone said it was terrible, but now about a year on ive had lots and lots of positive comments on the tabs ive posted in T&C, so keep practicing
Quote by duncang
If Varg had any sense of humour, he'd open the album with a cover of Superstition.
Quote by entity0009
1) Wrong forum
2) Questions use this sign-"?" not this one-"!"

This.
Beat it, the vocals need to be turned way up. Seriously.

Also it would be worth investing in some better recording gear and producing it better.
Last edited by The Clerk at Mar 20, 2009,
The phaser wasnt ment to be there but we started and our rythem guitarist in tht sing had his effect pedal set wrong so he left it

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

AWESOME!
Vocals: if he is a separate singer, ditch him and get someone else. If he is one of the musicians then dont do the singing and get someone else.

Guitars: Good but could be better. Just practice more.

Bass: Was there any?

Drums: Give the dude a metronome.

I'd say 2 months is way too soon to be recording. I've been in a band for about 3-4 months and we havnt recorded anything or gigged yet, we are just building up playing skill and teamwork.

Overall, without the singing it was listenable, but the guitars need a bit of work and the drums need a lot.
Turn The Frigging Flange Off!!!

or phase whatever. re record without it. why put songs up that are wrong or not 100% what you would like. not promoting your band well tbh. if i heard that i wouldnt book you or come and see you after visiting your myspace
_____
MUSE
Quote by protest000
Quote by gillehy
Anyone agree there or am i on my own?
+
Last edited by gillehy at Mar 20, 2009,
Not too good.. It wasn't enough of an Iron Maiden feeling in the Trooper.

In beat it, I could hardly hear any singer.
DeVillains!
Quote by lewisg1

Well, you asked for opinions.

You can't really complain when it's not what you wanted to hear. Sure, everybody wants to be told they're good but the thing is, people will tell you if you're bad. Trust me, it's better to be told your bad early on. Makes you either split or realise "oh fuck, we suck, lets work on getting a lot tighter as a band"

And this is the pit, so you pretty much exacerbated that by a million times anyways.

Edit: after listening, your bassist isn't there, the drummer is awful (even I can keep time better and i'm not brilliant...) and your singer is AWFUL. He just doesn't have the voice for it at all, it's not powerful enough. The solo was pitiful as well, and the phaser was pointless and over used.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Last edited by druggietoad2k5 at Mar 20, 2009,
Someone actually asked you to cover Scarified? Deary me...

anyways, wrong forum, and all of you REALLY need to take a step back and listen through your stuff. Do you even think it's good? The best thing my band did was not play or record demos for about 6 months when we started- we became tighter than a nun's vagina, and had enough decent original songs to play a 40 minute set easy without covers. You need to be your harshest critics when you think "are we any good?"
Yeah I turned off Nas for this, not happy.

Your band is like a thousand bands I have heard before, and by all means if you are having fun, I don't see why you shouldn't carry on, but if you actually want to get better, practice timings, as your trooper is a little off, and yeah flange is good, but not in every song.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
less time making shiny logos more time practising
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Wrong forum, stop with the phaser, can't hear singer, get better drummer.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
I only listened to The Trooper.

Drummer has bad time and keeps falling off beat. Everyone in this band needs to always practice to a metronome, you'll get better far quicker.

Make sure everything is completely in tune, near the beginning something was out of whack.

Ditch the cheesy effects. Just because you have them doesn't mean you need to use them. Less is more!

Now the solo...
-Be more confident, I can barely hear it.
-Maybe learn the original solo, or at least certain phrases from it. And figure out what is actually going on.
-Make sure you are playing in the right key, it sounded way off.

Polish it up before recording if you're actually serious. Even if you're half competent you should be able to pick out your own mistakes and realize when you've screwed up.

You guys suck now, but then again everyone does at your age. Stick to it and improve yourselves. Maybe try your hand at some easier songs, and get tight as a group before you tackle Iron Maiden. It's a hard thing to pull off well.
Last edited by Jesse Mrau at Mar 20, 2009,
You know what would be a nice gift for your drummer? A metronome!
But it wasn't that bad at all, just needs some more lovin.
And some more pie.
Don't look for gigs yet, keep practicing. You're new and that's fine but don't think you're awesome and are ready to tour the world just yet.
TUNE UR ****ING GUITARS!!!!!
and the drummer cant keep in time.
and playing is extremely sloppy.
Quote by Random3
I'd say 2 months is way too soon to be recording. I've been in a band for about 3-4 months and we havnt recorded anything or gigged yet, we are just building up playing skill and teamwork.

My bro and his band played a gig after one practice session. Although they just got naked on stage, so maybe that's their secret to success.

And to TS: Can't really hear the singer, but when you can his accent is well funny and what the hell happened in the solo? It's like the guitarist turned off distortion and just played any random notes.
Apart from that, it was alright.

Edit: Oh dear, I just listened to Beat It, that wasn't as good.
TRANSFORMICE

Last edited by tallicafan888 at Mar 20, 2009,
Don't worry! Please don't break up- you've only been together two months! NO band is gonna sound amazing after being together for 2 months! Just keep working. Anyway you're pretty good at guitar!
Quote by ch0
I once trapped my left testicle in a vice. I have no left testicle.
not trying to be a douche but chnage your band name... it's terrible

and now that i listened to it your music itself is pretty bad. get a better singer
Last edited by Les Paul57 at Mar 22, 2009,
Yeah I am gonna be honest and say that sucked.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Page 1 of 2