Are there any new bands that are a total breakthrough for music? It seems like music has died, and for the exception of a few bands, (Right now, i can only think of Black Stone Cherry) new bands have just sucked or have been extremely unoriginal.

What's a new band that is just totally mind-blowing? (Within the past few years)
Last edited by godofdeth at Mar 20, 2009,
Well, I just discovered "Eyes Set to Kill." Their album "Reach" is really good.
Quote by sadistic_monkey
There are lots. Turn off the TV and you'll find them.

Yeah, get on Pandora and LastFm, stick in your favourite bands and find new stuff.
Call me Batman.
Just check out bands that are highly acclaimed on internet forums (maybe UG). Usually you'll find that the internet has a much better taste in music than real life.
Quote by J.A.M
Yeah, get on Pandora and LastFm, stick in your favourite bands and find new stuff.

This

UG isn't too bad either...I hadn't heard of The Answer before they did that article on them.
Nope, no sig here.
Holy Blood-norwegian metal
Main Setup:
Charvel So-Cal

Dunlop Volume
Digitech Tuner
Custom Compressor
VFE Blues King
Ibanez TS9 30th Anniv
Boss DD20
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Hardwire Supernatural
Loop-Master 2 Channel Looper

Mesa Single Rec
The Sword is really cool Sabbath/Zeppelin kind of band.
Neverender:SSTB 4/19

Goddamn this cursed iron fist. When I lose control!

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You, sir, win epically.
The music in the main has gone a different way is all. The reccession at the minute will hopefully ignite a new punk style genre.

Also, i don't think enough people really care about music to start a new genre, people seem quite content with Fight star and all american rejects.
My buddys band just got signed at the end of last year. Theyre called Oceano. If you like death metal hitem up. theyre going to be the next Suicide Silence

myspace.com/xoceano

Enjoy

PS Im not advertising my own band. My band is TenPlagues. This is Oceano. Bit of a diff.
My Gear:
Carvin DC400C
Schecter Damien Elite 7 string
Boss Metalzone
Laney GH120 Head
Rhino 4x12 Celestion
-OG-UG'ER-
Put this in your sig if you've been a member over half a decade!
im likin parkway drive and this weird band of crazy classical players called mike could
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
Quote by godofdeth
Are there any new bands that are a total breakthrough for music? It seems like music has died, and for the exception of a few bands, (Right now, i can only think of Black Stone Cherry) new bands have just sucked or have been extremely unoriginal.
What's a new band that is just totally mind-blowing? (Within the past few years)

...`

But anyways, music has never/will never die. It's just people arent willing to look for it. Those people don't deserve it. Now you get the look of shame.
Quote by grimms
All I know is that if UG were a prison, all of us will either be dead, a prison bitch, or a dead prison bitch.

**** dude, I just discovered this guy Elvis. I've been longing for some new glam metal bands for ages now and this dude's got it, man! Can't wait 'til he goes on a European tour.
Quote by SpelChek
Just check out bands that are highly acclaimed on internet forums (maybe UG). Usually you'll find that the internet has a much better taste in music than real life.

Ive found this to the opposite of true.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.