Page 1 of 2
because he is the best guitar player in the world
flintazra wrote:

I think the next person to shoot up a school should list Jonas brothers and Hannah Montana as his favorite "musicians."
Quote by idioldude
this guy just blows why do people enjoy him?

GTFO
Quote by idioldude
this guy just IS AMAZING why DON'T people enjoy him?

^ Fixed.

You mat not like his sound, but his technique is amazing and quite entertaining to watch.
Main Setup:
Charvel So-Cal

Dunlop Volume
Digitech Tuner
Custom Compressor
VFE Blues King
Ibanez TS9 30th Anniv
Boss DD20
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Hardwire Supernatural
Loop-Master 2 Channel Looper

Mesa Single Rec
maybe because his songs are better than yours? Oh wait! you don't have any. ah well, jealousy is a strange emotion
obvioustroll is obvious?
Quote by ealtdharkon
Sorry to break this to you, but you "hardcore" fans don't HAVE mosh pits.
You have epileptic line dancing.

Quote by NotTheSun3290
Well... I AM a virgin, afterall...
people like alot of music so no matter how bad music is. or how good it is. people wont like it. music is very opinionated. and my freinds stepdad met him once. he was a dick to him.,
blemonese of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing
Hmm, i agree with the TS but also the opposing party. I can't stand his music(not a fan of guitar intsrumental in general, not just him) but he is talented and there's no denying that.
He does have some really weird and random music but he is unbelievably talented...to say steve vai sucks is blasphemy!
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
i agree a bit. it's no question that he's a phenomenal guitarist with more talent than i will ever even dream of having, but i just don't like his style/sound.
Quote by idioldude
synyster is better

synster is one of the worst guitar players ever.
Quote by idioldude
synyster is better

You've lost your ****in mind , Paco De Lucia is better than anyone listed before this
Quote by idioldude
synyster is way better

Yeah i mean, Synyster has obviously changed the face of guitar music, whereas vai just plays crappy mainstream music... oh wait...
I love my keyboardist, he's hot.

Quote by phlip999
The Pit is the epitome of higher learning and full of intillectual people who help the masses solve their problems.

The Llama Forum Bagel Group
Fire Strings...'nuff said.A classical piece written by a modern Japanses composer. 'Twas considered impossible to play on guitar, Satch, Buckethead, Gilbert, and Petrucci all turned it down

Steve Vai, took 11 months practicing, and completely nailed this modern classical piece in front of a live audience with absolutely no audio or visual recording

suck it
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson
Bayside
Minus The Bear
The Replacements
Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
Quote by idioldude
this guy just blows why do people enjoy him?

Cos you touch yourself at night
Yay! I love tr0lls
Quote by 40oz2freeedom
just ask her to touch her toes naked....shell never expect whats next
Quote by idioldude
synyster is way NOT better

^ there.

See how i fix the stupid things you say. Its as easy as understanding the concept of Synyster being an average, mediocre guitarist. His band would be just as big without him, he is not a necessity, he is not the god you are treating him like.
Main Setup:
Charvel So-Cal

Dunlop Volume
Digitech Tuner
Custom Compressor
VFE Blues King
Ibanez TS9 30th Anniv
Boss DD20
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Hardwire Supernatural

Mesa Single Rec
Quote by rockpwns92
synster is one of the worst guitar players ever.

NO
two words...

Nick Jonas
dose anyone who is commenting the thread have a life im in school and im bored in a study hall but yet we have people who are all serious about the topic when im just having the best of it u guys are just jokes
Quote by pwninator123
Fire Strings...'nuff said.A classical piece written by a modern Japanses composer. 'Twas considered impossible to play on guitar, Satch, Buckethead, Gilbert, and Petrucci all turned it down

Steve Vai, took 11 months practicing, and completely nailed this modern classical piece in front of a live audience with absolutely no audio or visual recording

suck it

Any vids of this?

Quote by idioldude
dose anyone who is commenting the thread have a life im in school and im bored in a study hall but yet we have people who are all serious about the topic when im just having the best of it u guys are just jokes

Unless you live in England, or any other country which isn't in your time vicinity, and are sat at home because you have just got back from school.
Last edited by Slash.vs.Bucket at Mar 20, 2009,
Quote by idioldude

sucks to be u i'm at home gettin high
Quote by Slash.vs.Bucket
Any vids of this?

No, it was a closed performance, Ichiro Nodaira's [the composer]'s wishes, so there is absolutely no proof beyond the audience, orchestra members, composer, and Vai
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson
Bayside
Minus The Bear
The Replacements
Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
Oh I get it, this thread is all a joke, you wanted us all to rave about how great Steve Vai is!

Wait. It's not a joke?

In that case, please hurl yourself off the nearest cliff. We'll wait.
I am the meek.

And I shall inherit the earth.
Quote by tpcjames111
sucks to be u i'm at home gettin high

Dang, ohwell I hope a vid of the original composition pops up somewhere so I may watch that one instead
Quote by Slash.vs.Bucket
Dang, ohwell I hope a vid of the original composition pops up somewhere so I may watch that one instead

So far Vai is the first and only guitarist to play it, so let's just sit and hope that he decides to go at it again....damn Japanese composers...and their wishes

EDIT: okay, I looked into it a lot more, it was played at 3 concerts, all on consecutive days, and this says he was going to try to record it, but it's before the actual thing took place

http://www.vai.com/AllAboutSteve/postcard_020718.html
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson
Bayside
Minus The Bear
The Replacements
Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
Last edited by pwninator123 at Mar 20, 2009,
Quote by idioldude
im a moron. thinking synyster is better than vai, who do i think i am? i only say vai sucks because i know he is so wonderfully talented with his technique, i'll only ever be as good (HORRIBLE) as synyster.

you're welcome.
Main Setup:
Charvel So-Cal

Dunlop Volume
Digitech Tuner
Custom Compressor
VFE Blues King
Ibanez TS9 30th Anniv
Boss DD20
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Hardwire Supernatural

Mesa Single Rec
Guys he's a troll, don't give him attention he'll go away.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
if steve vai sucked you'd be in his place and he'd be here making a thread called "idioldude sucks"
suckhim!
He played with Zappa, dude. That gets my instant respect, even though I don't enjoy Vai's music
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Page 1 of 2