Hey, this is (shamefully admitted) somewhat related to Guitar wars, but I thought it would be a good topic for people to discuss, and not specifically about guitar wars.

I watched Crossroads, the movie with Ralph and Vai dueling at the end, and ever since that awesome moment, I wanted to duel with guitars. (at least when Im better)

I mentioned guitar duels to a few friends, and they all seem to think it is badass, and they would love to be in one. however, when the opportunity comes, even when disguised as a jam session, they always back out. I know people get nervous in these times, but I was wondering...

What are your opinions on guitar duels? Would you ever consider going through with one?
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
I have in the past at small gigs with fellow bandmates, trading off with the other guitarist or the bassist. It's good times indeed.
I love having guitar duels
Even if its not a gig, just practice or something, it's still quite fun.
Quote by synestershadows
Shai Hulud mother****er.
I plan to make the other two guitarists in my band duel to decide who goes with bass instead since I already won the poker game for lead. It's not as cinematic as it was in the movie, but if you can get one, they're fun to watch and, in my opinion, be in, a great way to contrast styles, but nobody will want to do it if anyone else is around so if they lose they don't look pathetic.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
me and my mate's have 'guitar duels' a lot of the time, its just a good laugh
one of us will be playing a chord progression and the other will just solo over it and we just keep swapping, we never call it guitar battles though, just jams haha then you just adapt it for however many are in the group playing
me and my buddy Josh once went from playing Bold as Love, to Paranoid by way of Knockin on Heavens Door, All Along the Watchtower, Sweet Home Alabama, Mama i'm comin Home and Whole Lotta Love
it was an awesome jam haha

Edit: its also a really good practice/lesson in guitar playing cos i find that the best teachers are you're peers. I had classical guitar lessons for 2 years which were awesome but nothing compares to some of the ways of playing/techniques that you soak in from other people, you can learn so much just by playing with another guitar player
Last edited by Joe4/4/1992 at Mar 20, 2009,
Necrosis thats EVIL!

...film it.
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist

Flickr
As long as I don't have to give up my soul to the devil if i lose i love duels. I'm not really good enough but what the hell?? I love playing!! watching two guitarist exchanging solos is just awesome...being part of it is well....*insert something better here*
Aliadiere - sadly has more syllables than goals this season."
Setanta commentator during Newcastle-Middlesbrough. .
Quote by Spartan101400
Only okay when it's involved in an 80's movie where the hero has to duel to save the chick from the abusive boyfriend

What movie is that o.O
Quote by SonOfSanguinus

---

Female guitarist

Flickr
[-_-]

Do you like duels or does that mean you dont o.O
Quote by SonOfSanguinus

---

Female guitarist

Flickr
Quote by KiraIBZ
Necrosis thats EVIL!

...film it.

XD I intend to.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by necrosis1193
XD I intend to.

Awesome

...and if you can, make the one who loses feel bad :P
Quote by SonOfSanguinus

---

Female guitarist

Flickr
Quote by the_wayward_one
As long as I don't have to give up my soul to the devil if i lose i love duels. I'm not really good enough but what the hell?? I love playing!! watching two guitarist exchanging solos is just awesome...being part of it is well....*insert something better here*

*orgasm*
I'm planning to do one when the school's talent show comes around.
Quote by The Spoon
I think this man wins the thread.

Quote by ZeGuitarist
We have a winner.
Cool when is that?
Quote by SonOfSanguinus

---

Female guitarist

Flickr
watch pick of destiny. Guitar duel with satan at the end O_O jack black thinks guitar duel is good then its good.
Quote by DIFTWOOD
watch pick of destiny. Guitar duel with satan at the end O_O jack black thinks guitar duel is good then its good.

I cant believe I forgot about that duel :O
Quote by SonOfSanguinus

---

Female guitarist

Flickr
me and a bassist at school worked out a guitar duel for "carol of the bells" for our christmas talent show thing at school.

we went ahead and did it so we would have plenty of time to work on it.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by DIFTWOOD

Ridiculously expensive [-_-]
Quote by SonOfSanguinus

---

Female guitarist

Flickr
Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
I have never seen a guitar duel in person, but I think it'd be pretty badass. Kinda like a dance off- those are exciting too.

I had an amature guitar duel with my X guitarist before XD
It was awesome, even if we were inexperienced...
...he wouldnt stop shaking from excitement... even after the duel...

But speaking of Duels...

The Guitar Wars duel is coming to a close in a little more than half a day

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=19107967
Green

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=19047372
Orange

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=19046380
Blue

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=19037010
Purple

Come on people
For me?
Quote by SonOfSanguinus

---

Female guitarist

Flickr
me and my guitar teacher did a blues battle during one of the scene changes in Grease.

it was awesome
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Man, one day Ill be good enough to do a guitar duel, it looks like a lot of fun. Ive had back and forth jams over some progressions but my friend is far better than me so it wasnt really the same.
Quote by KiraIBZ
Ridiculously expensive [-_-]

Its 6.99 dollars for a six pack..
Thats a bit more than 1 dollar a pick..
Guitar duels are so passé. Have a dueling guitar/sax duel. The ladies dig that man.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Guitar duels are so passé. Have a dueling guitar/sax duel. The ladies dig that man.

wth..?

EDIT: One of the best live rock-offs i've seen live is that from Eagles of Death Metal:
Clicky

Not that great quality and being there was like a million times better,
but this will have to do.

The rock-off starts around 1:30 and lasts till 3:40

hf
Last edited by Knappe Turk at Dec 20, 2009,