Hey everyone,

I recently bought a used Phase 90 off ebay. Since it came in before the powersupply I ordered for it did, I have been using a 9v 1A power supply for it. Whenever I plug it in, I'm getting some harsh feedback with near zero sound from the guitar coming through. Is there a chance this is due to the power supply I'm using? Or is this thing most likely busted?
iGuitar 2.13
Digitech Bad Monkey
Little Big Muff
Digitech Whammy
Vox Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
MXR Phase 90
Vox AC30cc2
Quote by FreeRider1117
Hey everyone,

I recently bought a used Phase 90 off ebay. Since it came in before the powersupply I ordered for it did, I have been using a 9v 1A power supply for it. Whenever I plug it in, I'm getting some harsh feedback with near zero sound from the guitar coming through. Is there a chance this is due to the power supply I'm using? Or is this thing most likely busted?

Does it work with a battery?

Is the polarity right, it probably needs (-) in the middle, but double check.
Quote by Skierinanutshel
are they the same polarity? like, the phase 90 is barrel negative, is the adapter the same way? this is verrrrrry important.

i would avoid the 1A thing, even though it may not hurt, it is still a little much.

Thats not how amperes work. You can only damage a pedal with the incorrect VOLTAGE, amps are just a measure of how much power can be tapped. Electronic devices will only take what they need.

The phase 90 uses a negative 9V adapter, make sure that is what you have. Those pedals are very easy to fry by giving them too much voltage. It's possible that just once you (or the a$$hole you bought it from) accidentally plugged in a 12v adapter. Most likely it cannot be repaired for less than another pedal.

Sorry mate.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
Quote by handlerb
Thats not how amperes work. You can only damage a pedal with the incorrect VOLTAGE, amps are just a measure of how much power can be tapped. Electronic devices will only take what they need.

The phase 90 uses a negative 9V adapter, make sure that is what you have. Those pedals are very easy to fry by giving them too much voltage. It's possible that just once you (or the a$$hole you bought it from) accidentally plugged in a 12v adapter. Most likely it cannot be repaired for less than another pedal.

Sorry mate.

i know that is how amperes work, but even though a mismatch wont hurt the pedal, i would prefer it to be a similar value. that is just something that i personally like, i'm not saying it must be done.