I don't know if this is the right section to post this but anyways...

-

I have a Peavey JSX 120w 212 combo amp that I've been using, I use a Jackson DKMG. When ever I play using my Fender strat, there is a loud high pitch noise. I was told it had to do with a strat having single coil pickups. How do I fix this problem?
You cant, thats just what single coils do, but you can always try stuffing the gaps between the pups and pick guard with foam, aparently it works to some extent.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Oosh.
You cant, thats just what single coils do, but you can always try stuffing the gaps between the pups and pick guard with foam, aparently it works to some extent.

what? I don't see that doing anything at all.

Anyway, when was the last time you've changed the tubes in your amp? If they aren't on the way out then you could buy a noise gate. I prefer the ISP decimator.
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

because theres a mile between the two s's!

/killme
Feedback? Is that a problem? You're not playing it right, if you think that feedback is a problem :P
Quote by woodsballplayer
what? I don't see that doing anything at all.

Anyway, when was the last time you've changed the tubes in your amp? If they aren't on the way out then you could buy a noise gate. I prefer the ISP decimator.

Well I bought the amp used, so I might be able to get them to replace the tubes. I'll take a look at that noise gate as well.
yeah, check that out. If the tubes are dying that will deffinatly make some unwanted noises. How much gain you playing with?
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

because theres a mile between the two s's!

/killme
i'd say buy 2 Boss NS-2's.
one from guitar > amp,
and one in the FX loop, if you're
doing high gain stuff. if you're going
to buy one, get the ISP Decimator
(as mentioned above) But 2 NS-2's
would be better, IMO.