I have an Ibanez GAXB that makes a lot of fret buzz. I thought changing strings would have helped (although it has helped a bit) but it didn't fix the problem. I need some advice on how to fix this because it is getting really annoying.
Take it to a local shop or where you bought it and get the bass set up. It'll cost roughly $30-50.
GEAR:

Ibanez GSR205FM

Trace Elliot GP7SM 200watt bass combo
Quote by smoots
Take it to a local shop or where you bought it and get the bass set up. It'll cost roughly $30-50.

+1
Yeah I did get it set up (sorry...forgot to mention)... the problem still persist. I thought changing strings and getting it set up would fix it but it didn't :S. The fret buzz occurs basically everywhere.
Quote by Prudence_
Yeah I did get it set up (sorry...forgot to mention)... the problem still persist. I thought changing strings and getting it set up would fix it but it didn't :S. The fret buzz occurs basically everywhere.

Was it done by someone, who knew what they were doing?? If it was then dunno what to suggest. New bass..?
Try making the action higher.
Fender FSR Standard Jazz Bass(Sapphire Blue finish!!)
Squier VM TB Bass
Squier Precision Bass(heavily modified)
Behringer 180 Watt Combo<--My EQ pedal made this sound decent O_o until I get my Gallien-Krueger half stack
Quote by FenderAmpeg93
Try making the action higher.

This.

Make sure you know what your doing
Too many turns and goodbye truss rod
Playin bass since Dec 08
Yeah I'm trying to get the action higher....I've heard that there's a lot of problems concerning this bass so I'm going to go to a shop and ask some questions and see if they can fix it...Anyone have knowledge of this bass and is it possible to take out the frets?
Quote by Prudence_
Yeah I'm trying to get the action higher....I've heard that there's a lot of problems concerning this bass so I'm going to go to a shop and ask some questions and see if they can fix it...Anyone have knowledge of this bass and is it possible to take out the frets?
Well I don't know much about your specific model but generally Ibanez's are reliable. It's possible to take out the frets but you'll have to fill the fret lines with something. If you take out the frets you'll have to coat your fretboard or you'll tear up the fretboard with roundwound strings(so you'd have to use flats) If you want to take out thre frets for the sole purpose of fret buzz that's not a good reason. If it still buzzes after being set up properly I'd just get a new bass man.
Squier VM TB Bass
Behringer 180 Watt Combo<--My EQ pedal made this sound decent O_o until I get my Gallien-Krueger half stack
...Crap...I was hoping I didn't need a new bass....oh well thanks for the help .
Quote by Prudence_
...Crap...I was hoping I didn't need a new bass....oh well thanks for the help .
Your welcome

EDIT: but try getting your current bass set-up properly first before buying a new bass.
Squier VM TB Bass
Quote by Prudence_

Most likely you dont need a new bass at all. Who set up your bass? A guitarist or a bassist? There is a diffrence. Fret buzz can be annoying, but it doesnt require a whole new bass.
A bassist set up my bass...I don't know who exactly but the local shop I go to is pretty professional. I'll go back there and ask some questions and see if they can fix it somehow...if not I'm getting a squier....they're reliable and cheap right?

Do you guys know any sites that has good information on basses and stuff so that I can look up my model (I need like a site with reviews).
I know it's been suggested, but have you / what happened when you raised the action? it could be that the bassist who set up your bass is just a metal player who's into fret buzz
-
-
--
---
-----
--------
-------------
Yay fibonacci!