So I'm thinking about looking into my next purchase music-wise to be a custom made electric. I haven't looked into it much, I just wanted to know if anyone had any opinions/justifications for one side or the other.
Its a nice idea but have a look round and see if there is a guitar about that has the same specs as you'd like on a custom because customs can be extremely expensive due to being a custom.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
^ Word.

This being said however, I think the best option for getting something custom is Carvin. Their prices are pretty low IMHO, and they do offer a lot of custom options.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
look into Carvin. Excellent options for not a bad price (very high end models around 2000$) and you choose everything.

EDIT: Dammit.
Customs are wonderful, but be prepared to pay the price. I mean like, upper thousands, here. But, it's a guitar made to your EXACT specifications. So, I guess it just comes down to which is more important at this moment in time? Cash, or your perfect guitar? But be sure you know exactly what you want, before you go through with it.

EDIT: I totally forgot about Carvin's stuff. Check them out, too, like the others said.
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Last edited by SchecterC-1+Man at Mar 20, 2009,
if you have a couple dollars, PRS.
███████████████████████████████████
Quote by captainoid
...EDIT: Dammit.
Bwahahaha
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
Check Warmoth . I checked out how much it would be to get all the parts myself, and build a modest custom-it was around $1500-1800, which is reasonable for a guitar, I think.
Also be aware that unlike a really expensive production guitar, an expensive custom doesn't usually have a good resale value.

They're good if you know exactly what you want and can't find it on any production guitar, but it'll cost you.