so basically i'm in a band and we have 2guitars (lead+rythem) a bass player (also singer) drums and a truley awsome synthesiser (i can't spell tht word lol)

so anyway we're not quite ready to write our own stuff so we're looking for some songs to cover it doesn't have to have the exact same set up but a simular one will help.

we mainly play classic rock,punk and a bit of prog rock but none of us are closed minded .

any help apreciated.
Quote by imdeth
Centorium you dick
I keep lookin behind me,You're amazing at this

Quote by Aerokizzombie
Dam,Cent, ur repeating man scares the shit out of me, its so true

Quote by CodChick
Omg Cent,Ive been havin nightmares because of u

Quote by MCMXCII
**** you man,I was just going to bed

I'm scary
Disturbed is the only band i know which uses synth

they're Heavy Metal, but their songs are pretty decent and easy to play an they're are pretty hard-rock'ish
Last edited by sfaune92 at Mar 20, 2009,
Enter Shikari, Sky Eats Airplane(they use a computer but you could cover some), Disco Ensemble
My Gear:
Jay Turser Warlock
Baraccuda Strat
Takamine EG523SC
Samick Acoustic
Vox AD50VT
Boss DS-1
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
The Cars? Just What I Needed and Best Friend's Girl are pretty good ones.

Billy Idol? Rebel Yell and White Wedding are cool.

Rush? They use a bit of synth sometimes.

And last but not least, you can never go wrong with a bit of Pearl Jam.
Rush uses a ton of synth in their '82-'87 period. If you guys are good enough instrumentalists to pull it off then I strongly recommend it.
good adivse guys and it doesn't need to inlcude a synth as our synth guy is pretty amazing, and also plays bass,guitar, and keyboard not to mention he has writen himself into song's before.
Quote by imdeth
Centorium you dick
I keep lookin behind me,You're amazing at this

Quote by Aerokizzombie
Dam,Cent, ur repeating man scares the shit out of me, its so true

Quote by CodChick
Omg Cent,Ive been havin nightmares because of u

Quote by MCMXCII
**** you man,I was just going to bed

I'm scary
Dude, Mr. Roboto. /thread But seriously, HORSE the Band has good stuff, as does The Who. I have always wanted to hear a version of The Trooper by Iron Maiden with a synth lead.
Eyes
Quote by woodenbandman
My dear man, I must petition you for photographic evidence, or the described events cannot be verified, and will be written off as fallacy.
Porcupine Tree.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
Some UnderOATH. If your singer is into screaming.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
The Cars - Almost all of the heartbeat city album
Metro Station, some prog like Rush...Motion City Soundtrack...Panic at the Disco...etc.
Since you said none of you are closed mined, you could try some Nine Inch Nails songs.
Order & Justice
Order Restored, Justice Served
You could definitely do a bit of Yes, they've got some cool stuff. That's all I can really think of.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Marshall Valvestate VS65R
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Quote by goodlifebadlife
I couldnt belive that the butler was the murdere, that was really strange. Seeing as he was also a robot. From the past. And a sea monster.
im unsure why you dont think your ready to started writing yet:S
i'd give it a try first even if you don't like it to start with,
it can be bad if you started jsut doing covers
my old band did that and we just didn't end up writing our own stuff for like a year and a half
my band has the same setup, but a keyboard and not a synth, if your synth guy had a keyboard you could do alot more stuff, may band does a couple cover still, but guns N' Roses, Black Sabbath, AreoSmith, Boston, Supertramp.... you get the idea could be done with a keyboard... wait i think supertramp mite not have 2 guitars but... you get the idea.
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)