I've been trying to write more stuff since I've had more time on my hands but I can't seem to produce something that sounds different to what I usually make, I mean I want to make killswitch engage type of songs, clean chorus' and pinch harmonic filled heavy riffs. I keep muting the 6th string then playing two notes then swap between the two. So what I'm really asking is how would go about changing my riffs and the rhythm in qhich I play them because it's getting really repetative and frustrating
ESP H-401FM
Jackson DK2M
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Boss ME-25
If you want to make killswitch engage type songs I suggest you learn and play alot of killswitch engage for a while, and then when you sit down to make your own it will most likely have alot of influence from killswitch. Usually works
try to copy music from another instrument =]

that's always an ice breaker into new music
Use your imagination to spice up what you're playing or you can stop playing what feels repetitive to you. I've been in the same position and I found that doing the smallest thing like adding a bend or a little lick can change a riff entirely. Don't just mindlessly play the same thing over. Put some thought into it.
Well I was thinking just when I make a song refer back to chord progressions because that way I can just play what the fudge I want then when I go blank or get to a chorus just refer back to the chord progression (a chord progression is a series of chords played In the same order? Would my curse by killswitch be an example of this, the intro btw
ESP H-401FM
Jackson DK2M
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Boss ME-25