Hi all,
I'm wondering what everyone would recommend as a low wattage practice amp for the dorm room. Probably keep it solid state, since that'll keep the price at about $125 (give or take), and I'd kinda like a headphone output, too.

I had looked at the Vox Pathfinder 15R or maybe a Cube (20X or 15X) since they both get good reviews. I know that Crate makes a slew of little practice amps and Fender makes cheaper solid states, like the Frontman 25R. I don't necessarily need models, but they wouldn't hurt if they're there.

Thanks
unix
i say peavey vypyr 15 watt get it is good for metal and nice cleans classic rock if your good at dialing in tones?? what do you play??
Squirrels>all other animals group

Quote by Prophet of Page
I don't recommend passive pickups for any kind of blues tone. Ideally, you'd want a passive pickup with a reasonably low level of output.
Low gain kinda alt rock, classic rock, that kind of thing. No metal, I don't need ridiculous gain or what-have-you.
well i would still say peavey vypyr 15 for under 125 bucks
Squirrels>all other animals group

Quote by Prophet of Page
I don't recommend passive pickups for any kind of blues tone. Ideally, you'd want a passive pickup with a reasonably low level of output.
The Vypyr excels at low gain stuff. I've got a recording of sample riffs played on the Vypyr 15 in my profile.
Ok, next time I hit up the local guitar store, I'll try one out - any body else?