Page 1 of 2
kso, i made this in woodshop, based it loosly on the Taurus design by gander guitars.

uhmm.. yeah, im going to be buying better hardware for it once i get a job or money lol.

First build,let me know what to improve on and stuff, everything handmade by me, paduak body, maple neck indian rosewood fretboard, headtsock has a paduak veneer on it.

Last edited by Jason Jillard at Mar 21, 2009,
very nice man, the only thing i would like to comment on is that the inset spot for the knobs and switch looks like it could be a little awkward (i may very well be wrong). but i like the finish you did a great job on that, and the sanding job looks pro.
overal great job bro ^^
Gear:
Epiphone Viola Bass
Gibson SG Standard
Fender Strat
Fender Acoustic
Line 6 Spider 2 150 watt
Line 6 POD Xt Live
Ibanez Ts-9 Tubescreamer
I think I just creamed. That may be the sexiest guitar i've ever seen. Hows it sound?
Quote by Ikonoklast
Tie her up and drive her into some woods, pour petrol over her and then ask her if she wants you back.

Anyone in Birmingham, England meet up for a Jam?

Quote by uk.mace
My hand gave me a handjob

Won't give me a f*cking blowjob though
that is beatiful!
and it looks really comfortable to play
Great job
Quote by synestershadows
Shai Hulud mother****er.
pups? i love padaulk.
Quote by HeretiK538
Totally awesome, I love you.

Have my children.

that is a pretty sweet looking guitar

edit: i think it looks way better than what you based it on. good job man
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Half Stack
Damage control Solid Metal
Boss Flanger
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron+
Dunlop 535Q Wah
General Guitar Gadgets ITS8 Overdrive
Marshall MS-4 Ministack

Guitars:

PRS Custom 24

Washburn D10 Quilted Bubinga
Last edited by Chevelle454 at Mar 20, 2009,
Pretty f**king cool for a first build.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by MrToucan
I think I just creamed. That may be the sexiest guitar i've ever seen. Hows it sound?

thanks lol, it sounds great, but i REALLY regrat the tuners i bought, but il upgrade them asap, and toss on a nicer bridge and some higher end pickups, there's just some golden age in there. but it plays amazing, and it was well worth those pesky measurements.

@Batvanvaiych

yeah the control area got screwed up after a mistake i made, and a normal switch would not fit, and because of how the control cavity was shapped, it was hard cramming in the right angle switch with the two pots in such a small space. but its not big of a hassle.

Shes heavy tho. paduak is a very heavy wood.
oh my god, this is definately the sweetest build i have ever seen. you just have to post all the pics of the process
Quote by Øttər
I'll accept Jesus into my heart if the neighboorhood accepts my penis into it's street.
Theres nothing wrong with it being like that, but if you had used a sharper angle for the scalf it would have not extended so far into the headstock and would look nice and curved like the pic above.

That said scalfs fail any way

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Wow, u got skills with wood mate, keep it up an you'll be making absolutely killer guitars in no time!
yeah thats what i used to use until i bought an angle grinder and a spoke shave. to be honest, scarf joints aren't very good. its good in a mass-production facility, but if you are really taking your time on your neck, you should do 3 piece or 5-piece necks, about 2.5'' thick, and about 4'' longer than usual, and you should beable to cut two good sized necks out of it.
yeah

mines a 4 piece, but il look into alternative ways to build necks.

also if anyones curios i used danish oil on the body, tung oil on the fretboard.
Any pics of the neck joint? From the pics it seems like the heel comes in around the 15th fret. Just wanna check it out to see where it really is.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
This is definitely the best first time build I've ever seen. The woodworking you did on the body is really something else; very unique, and I'm sure it took a lot of time and effort. I agree with LP about the scarf joint, but other than that the thing is rippin'.

Good work my friend!
Quote by MESAexplorer
Any pics of the neck joint? From the pics it seems like the heel comes in around the 15th fret. Just wanna check it out to see where it really is.

il see if i have a pic of the neckjoint.
Heres a couple that might show the neckjoint enough, i didnlt exaclty think abotu taking a picture of the joint lol.

and this pic is to show the grian of the fretboard, aswella s the fretting job. this was a very dificult picture to take seeing how i had to use 1 hand.

edit: and thanks for the compliment lumberjack, but i made a lot of mistakes on this guitar, sure i fixed them, but i doubt this is the best first time build. i botched my first fretboard so hard. and blew a hole through the body one morning with the router cuz i was really tired.
Last edited by Jason Jillard at Mar 21, 2009,
Quote by Jason Jillard

edit: and thanks for the compliment lumberjack, but i made a lot of mistakes on this guitar, sure i fixed them, but i doubt this is the best first time build. i botched my first fretboard so hard. and blew a hole through the body one morning with the router cuz i was really tired.

I did that in a Jackson Dinky pickup cavity once, it's not cool. Next to finishing ( Kyle you are free to make fun of me at this point ), nothing scares me worse than using a router...
a good plunge router and some careful maneuvering and a router will be your best friend, best thing to do is buy a low-powered one, 1 3/4 hp is just right, if you are taking off too much, you WILL be able to tell because it will bog down a little.
well, im comletly comfortable with a router, what happened is.

it was early monday morning, i was super tired and i was routing my control cavity.

i measured the depth 3 times, and set it on the router.

notice that the part where the controls are is thinner than the rest of the body.. YEAH. i didn't measure that part.

true story.
yeah, you live and learn.

i really want to make my own les paul, but now that im done school, i don't have acess to the machines i need.
Looks great. I think I would have jointed the neck on a few frets later but I'm sure it doesn't get in the way too much when playing.

Unbelievable for a first build.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
That looks so ****ed up in such a great way. Looks great man.
Hi!

Sig Retired.
Quote by la bamba
That looks so ****ed up in such a great way. Looks great man.

uhh..thanks.....i think? =P
Page 1 of 2