Hey guys, i got some gfs crunchy paf's in my sg and they're not that great for lower tunings. So, I'm looking for a good bridge humbucker to handle high gain drop tuning.

Think bullet for my valentine type sound.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

Sorry forgot to say 60 dollar budget (ebay most likley)

dimarzio drop sonic are designed for drop tunings, hence the name. think Petrucci
Main Gear List:
Guitars:
Jackson RR7
Agile AL-3100 Double Bound
1977 Fender Jazz Bass
Amp:
Blackstar HT-5
peavey bass amp
Effects:
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Danelectro 7-band EQ
Bill Lawrence XL500L its got good crunch......how do I know I gots one........actually its the only one in my guitar that is hooked up.

Edit: its $50 shipped and it has the abillity to be coil tapped.
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
Last edited by Unherolike at Mar 20, 2009,
Emg's
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Last edited by sesstreets at Mar 20, 2009,
Well I guess the question really is do you want Actives or Passives?
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
Quote by cthuludawn21
dimarzio d sonic are designed for drop tunings, hence the name. think Petrucci

A very good pickups for drop tunings.
Not taking any online orders.
I don't really care if it's active or passive, but i only have 60 bucks and actives are out of my price range.

If he has a passive in the neck, he won't be able to combine it with an active bridge. Go for the drop sonic, they sound killer from what i've heard
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
This thread is over a week and a half old. How is that comment possibly constructive? Check the date before you post next time, if you please.

Quote by bv310
This thread is over a week and a half old. How is that comment possibly constructive? Check the date before you post next time, if you please.

A week and a half is not really that long considering this is a rec thread, not a project thread. Also, it just so happens that thicker strings is a VERY constructive comment. You can be playing with the best pickups in the world, expressly designed for drop tunings, but if you're playing in drop C with standard 9's your sound will suck unbelievably, regardless of your pickups.

Careful with the "this thread is a bit old so you suck for bumping it" bandwagon mentality...there are times when it doesn't apply.

TS: you might investigate the Full Shred by Seymour Duncan for drop tunings. It's not as br00talz as some high output pickups, but it is very articulate, so it won't mush out as bad as other hot pickups. Also, it's been around a lot longer than the drop sonic and alternative 8, so they end cheaper in auctions. They end on eBay for $30-$40 or less.
Last edited by lumberjack at Apr 3, 2009,
I wasn't so much mad that he bumped an old thread, it was the fact that he bumped four within minutes of each other, mostly with just agreeing with previous statements in the threads.

Quote by bv310
I wasn't so much mad that he bumped an old thread, it was the fact that he bumped four within minutes of each other, mostly with just agreeing with previous statements in the threads.

I didn't notice. Chronic bumpers are lame, he deserved it then, I suppose.
EMGs or DiMarzio D Activators or D Sonics.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores