I have a cursed Spider 3 120 watt, and I was wondering about the Pod Style Out.
Would it by and chance, by possible to use the pod style out as a preamp, and connect it to a 3rd party tube power amp? Then of course connecting that to the Spiders stock speakers. Essentially making it like the Spider Valve.

Is this possible? I have little money for a decent tube amp with all the tones I want on it, and while the spider has a pretty bad tone, it works for what I have it for I guess. I know the saying 'dont polish a turd' but in my financial state, I have little choice. I was kinda hoping that I could get some warmth or something decent out of this amp this way.

So it goes:
Guitar - Spider 3 as a preamp - Pod Style Out - Tube Power amp - Spider Speakers
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
I'm not sure if that would work. But it would be interesting to see
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
I don't think your plan would be beneficial to your tone very much. The Pod won't help much and a power amp wouldn't have very much effect considering the obscene crapness of the Spider III.

What is your budget?? For the price of a good power amp, you can get a good tube combo and have an ideal setup.
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile
Quote by funkymonkz
I don't think your plan would be beneficial to your tone very much. The Pod won't help much and a power amp wouldn't have very much effect considering the obscene crapness of the Spider III.

What is your budget?? For the price of a good power amp, you can get a good tube combo and have an ideal setup.

Well, I had plans for MAX $450 on a tube amp, to play metal, must have good cleans and a good lead tone. But that would be with selling my spider. Im in school, and money is kind of tight right now... So that would mean $150 for a power amp. Any suggestions for an amp then?

Cause I tried a B-52, the only one I saw on craigslist, and it didnt have enough gain for metal, whether or not it was damaged, I do not know. I play with a band, and the spider doesnt sound good at gig volumes (only had one gig and it was AWFULL)
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist

Flickr
B-52's are a good choice and should have enough gain for most types of metal. Look for a Bugera 333XL or 6262. A used Classic 30 with some sort of OD would also work.

Maybe wait until the new 6505 combo comes out this summer.
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile
Problem is, other than that one B-52, I have never seen them on craigslist...
Bugeras show up on craigslist for more than $650, out of my range for the next year XD
And I didnt like the 6505 I tried in Steves music center... A Peavey 3120 would be nice but they arent in Canada yet, and when they do, its not like they will instantly be on craigslist... A randall RM100 would be PERFECT but the only one I saw in MONTHS is $500 and broken :-/
Quote by SonOfSanguinus

---

Female guitarist

Flickr
So does anyone know of any power amp for cheap?
Quote by SonOfSanguinus

---

Female guitarist

Flickr