Page 1 of 2
honestly i dont see what is to like about this guy no talent many many times i have watched multiple live videos of him and i really believe he is not that great
He was never a great live guitar player,solos were never up to par
But his writing and studio solos are what i respect him for
Quote by Mike!
This man IS the truth.

Quote by aznmetalhead93
Walk out naked with a sock around your dick. He'll be so surprised he won't shoot you. Then rape him. Hard. With melted butter as lube.

Join the Xbox Live group
imo, live videos of page aren't a good representation of his talent, he was a huge drug addict, and was on pluto for most of the shows he did, not to mention shmammered as well. he's obviously not going to play flawlessly while so highly intoxicated. a good reflection of his talents are the timeless songs he has written, like stairway to heaven
Whether you think a guitar player is good or not is your own personal opinion. Do you really need to ask your peers to think for you? And yes, Page is good.
ur damb asss man u probly suck at guitar and ur posting this up fag man jimmy is probly a hundred times beter then youl ever be
Quote by cueva101
ur damb asss man u probly suck at guitar and ur posting this up fag man jimmy is probly a hundred times beter then youl ever be

suck it
Quote by cueva101

Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Get some live bootlegs, his improvisations and innovativeness in the studio is what made him great.

Also, see: since i've been loving you
He is better than most of the guitarists today.
S. Gates(a7x) is very much worse, still some stupid people like him.
Quote by flabber.gast
I used to be a big hip-hop fan, but lately my interest has Wayned a Lil.

Quote by idioldude
honestly i dont see what is to like about this guy no talent many many times i have watched multiple live videos of him and i really believe he is not that great
He's certainly not the greatest technician in the world, but some of his stuff is very difficult to emulate. I'm not saying that necessarily makes him great, it's just that I can play pretty much anything (you'd hope so after nearly thirty years), and I still find some of his solos difficult to get just right. I think he was also a master of textures and I think some of his riffs are the greatest of all time.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Brilliant...
well he sounds sloppy on loads of stuff but 2 things, firstly listen to the solos on stairway to heaven and What is and What should Never Be, and they're both pretty clean compared to his other stuff, even when they're live. and also, he can play clean when he slows it down, like on what is and what should never be, which is just like what lots of the best blues guitarists do, BB King would start sounding sloppy if he played as fast as Page, although he is a lot better guitarist. Just a good songwriter
Quote by neidnarb11890
He's no Bob Quine.

Hmmm Jimmy Page Plays the Songs of Richard Hell and the Voidoids...

I'd buy it
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
Quote by idioldude

Die
He's unique and he did more than most guitarists.
"We weren’t too ambitious when we started out. We just wanted to be the biggest thing that ever walked the planet."
-- Steven Tyler
Quote by idioldude

omfg, someone who agrees with me! You're my new idol and i don't even know you, lol But Hendrix was so much better, not only a live player, but Hendrix's solos were better too. And some people don't like Hendrix, he had talent, and you've gotta respect that, he was definitely better than Paige or whoever he was.
^Page was a better guitarist, Hendrix was a better musician.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Quote by Baby Joel

Page can kiss my ***, no offense, whether or not he's better than me, doesn't make him better than everyone, here's my system of determining the best

Flow
Sound
Performance
Techniques (such as Hendrix's lefty and righty style, or the fact hendrix sang and played guitar)
and expression + creativity

all of which Hendrix was better in
Quote by jetfuel495
He's overrated. And you're reported.

Reported for stating an opinion? Seems sort of silly to me.
Last edited by DrPants PhD at Mar 21, 2009,
The only one of those the has to actually do with guitar abilities is technique.
Flow is done by musicianship, its all about the genre you play in.
Sound is a matter of EQing, and again about genre. Some people are more partial to blue-rock than hard rock.
Performance, that again doesn't relate to guitar ability.
About the technique, your saying Hendrix was better because he played lefty on a righty strat? And there's a reason why Hendrix never did lead guitar parts, its because he sang and played.
Expression, matter of opinion.
Creativity, Page and Hendrix both greatly influence rock. I'd say they had an equal amount of creativity, but Hendrix's was more influential. And once more, does not relate to guitar ability.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Quote by Baby Joel
The only one of those the has to actually do with guitar abilities is technique.
Flow is done by musicianship, its all about the genre you play in.
Sound is a matter of EQing, and again about genre. Some people are more partial to blue-rock than hard rock.
Performance, that again doesn't relate to guitar ability.
About the technique, your saying Hendrix was better because he played lefty on a righty strat? And there's a reason why Hendrix never did lead guitar parts, its because he sang and played.
Expression, matter of opinion.
Creativity, Page and Hendrix both greatly influence rock. I'd say they had an equal amount of creativity, but Hendrix's was more influential. And once more, does not relate to guitar ability.

eh, i guess so, but i still like Hendrix far more, playing and singing indeed takes a lot of effort (i know, i've tried) and far more practice, especially if, like me, u can't sing and you want to do both, like me, so you're practicing both, point is Hendrix did a lot and i respect him more for it
if youre not into zepp, then you have no reason to talk. listen to the 1st 6 albums and then come back and tell me he's not a genius
Quote by Baby Joel

I'd say the exact opposite.

Seriously, if you think Page is bad, listen to the solo in Heartbreaker and tell me your face hasn't been melted off. In fact, here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptotIveHvTE&feature=PlayList&p=8AB65087C11338F5&index=17
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by cueva101

TS is one hundred times the speller that you are currently.

On topic, Page is pretty good in my opinion. He made some cool stuff in his day but he's a bit overrated and overplayed. I agree that Page was the better musician and Hendrix the better guitarist. Page wrote some good **** and it was all pretty musical.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
You have to look at him in his time. He influenced many of todays best. That makes him great.
hey man jimmy page is the ****ing man

**** u
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
hell no! if we say that a guitarist is good or bad only by speed, all death/goth/dark/****/etc metal bands would have the best guitarist ever, it also depends on how good are your riffs, use of scales, etc. jimmi page has all this and led zeppelin freaking rocks, so hell no, he isnt bad, he is the best
Quote by actaderock
hell no! if we say that a guitarist is good or bad only by speed, all death/goth/dark/****/etc metal bands would have the best guitarist ever, it also depends on how good are your riffs, use of scales, etc. jimmi page has all this and led zeppelin freaking rocks, so hell no, he isnt bad, he is the best

And Al DiMeloa and John McLaughlin would be better than them. But who mentioned speed anyway? I like Led Zeppelin as much as the next self respecting rock drummer, but Page was a very sloppy lead guitarist and far from the "guitar god" a lot of folks make him out to be.
Pretty sloppy live player, but a great songwriter and a master of the studio. I do think he's a tad on the overrated side, but I think if you listen to the diversity of his studio work and listen to his unique style of songwriting, it's pretty hard to deny his talent regardless of your opinion of him. It's unfortunate that a bunch of adolescent inarticulate fanboys have diminished his reputation.
Superb rhythm/acoustic player, crap lead guitarist. People call him innovative, but he's not a patch on Jeff BEck.

I made the mistake of listening to the original 'Tea For One' the other day, straight after the Bonamassa version - sounded awful in comparison...
Just because he dosn't shred like a bitch or anything he's still a great player. He's supremely inventive and creative and a great producer. His acousitc stuff with Zep was amazing. Now SLASH on the other hand, HE is overated...

Small writing in the middle of big sig.

jimmy page is the man. I think the improvisition that goes along with his live playing and leds live show is amazing and i have yet to see a band that has the magic that they had on stage. he was also an amazing studio player.
Gear:

Gibson SG Standard
Gibson SG Special /w EMGs
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960 B Cab

Check out my band...

Page 1 of 2