Page 2 of 2
he is very sloppy live but his playing on the early zeppelin albums blows my mind, like him loads more than hendrix
Lets see, he was absolute **** live, stole tons of songs, poor writing (when he actually wrote). Yeah, those are all elements to making him a ****ty musician.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
at least he didn't stick to running through the blues scale at high speed like your beloved Stevie Ray Vaughn
jimmy page is an awesome guitarist, on of the best. but not better than jimi hendrix
His work as a producer is phenomenal, more so then his guitar playing but you must admit he made his guitar work with Bonzo's drums perfectly.
he's pretty mediocre, there's a lot of backlash against him though because of people keep going on about great he is.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
As John Lennon would have put it, Jimmy Page is the greatest guitar player for Led Zeppelin. No Jimmy Page, no Led Zeppelin. Period.

It's pointless trying to break Led Zep down to the individual talents that the band was made of.

Jimmy Page is great, if not for his musicianship, but just for having produced Led Zep all along.

Whereas, without Mike Clink, G'n'R is just a cover band. Don't get me wrong, I loved it when Appetite came out and kicked my butt, hard.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
he's pretty mediocre, there's a lot of backlash against him though because of people keep going on about great he is.

Very true. If there weren't 100 articles about him in every Guitar World issue, I wouldn't consider him so overrated.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
If anyone of you lot could write songs and parts like him - Id like to see that...
If you can watch the Stairway to Heaven performance on the song remains the same and say he is not good that what do u think is good?
TS, how can you POSSIBLY say he has no talent? That's just plain ignorant. You may dislike his guitar playing, you may dislike Led Zeppelin as a whole, but you have to admit, the dude knows what he's doing.

Example: I hate a7x, I dislike Gate's guitar playing, but do I think he's a terrible guitarist? No, he's actually very good, he obviously put a lot of time and effort into learning how to play well, I just dislike the band and the style he play's in it.

Show some respect.
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Apr 7, 2009,
Quote by jetfuel495
He's overrated. And you're reported.

EDIT: Didn't say he was bad, fanboys. I said he's overrated. Good? Yes. Innovative? Yes. Enjoyable? Yes. Worth all his hype? Not in my opinion.

I hate it when people have their say THEN report, what pussies. isn't that the same as pushing someone the run?

fag, you be one.
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
i think you might be tone-deaf.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Quote by GezzyDiversion
have you written a number 1 selling album? no i didnt think so

No offense, but i don't think anyone here has quite yet, and Jimi Paige was, in my opinion, worse than Hendrix, i can play all his crap and it all sounds the same to me, go figure, and dude, i've only played for 3 months, just to put that into reference. On the other hand, Van Halen and Hendrix made some good stuff.
i still wonder how people still debate whether Jimmy was good or not. Come the **** on, I mean, look at what he has done. He is a genuis when it comes to song writing, his tones are magical and ****, one of the biggest and influential bands EVER. Who cares if he is a little sloppy. Hell, after 30 some years, I still tend to be sloppy but then again, I have never claimed to be a technical wizard. Plus, I guess the brews don't help either.

All these people critisizing him and others like that have a self-esteem and confidence problem and bet they couldn't play Whole Lotta Love if they tried.
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
Page 2 of 2