I was wondering how to write nwobhm riffs (bands like Saxon, Diamond Head, Iron Maiden (maybe not NWOBHM but one of my fav bands) motorhead (again not NWOBHM but good), and Judas Priest) and whether to write vocals or music first. Whatever other knowledge you have of composing NWOBHM-type music/vocals would be helpful.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Galloping. Lots of galloping.

What I was going to say.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
heres what my friend does lol basically use C,D,E,B powerchords in different orders then throw a harmonized riff of some sort on top,of course it's not that easy but you'll see what i mean
For Saxon do some double stops on the A and D, or D and G strings with and open A string pedal note in between.
Last edited by a_man at Mar 20, 2009,
Quote by grimms

+1
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Lots of power chords, harmonies, fast licks, some tempo changes and galloping.

Edit: Fuck yeah Saxon! Not enough people like Saxon.
Last edited by Trefellin at Mar 20, 2009,
what the hell is galloping
I live near Lake Bodom WORSHIP MEEEEEEE

Quote by Sami Philadelph
LOL, for some reason the impression I get from you is like some wacky Frank Zappa of metal pulling pranks at the Grammys and telling crude jokes during interviews.
The best thing to do is to learn heaps of the bands songs that you wanna sound like.

I only know 3 LoG songs and I'm kinda trying to shake the influence now because, well, just listen to my songs lol.

Quote by henkka_potku
what the hell is galloping

Have a think about the word 'galloping' for a second, and then think of how that might relate to playing guitar.
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
Last edited by Demonology at Mar 21, 2009,
Quote by Demonology
Have a think about the word 'galloping' for a second, and then think of how that might relate to playing guitar.

I'm finnish, doesn't tell me anything. Reminds me of sailing somehow.
I live near Lake Bodom WORSHIP MEEEEEEE

Quote by Sami Philadelph
LOL, for some reason the impression I get from you is like some wacky Frank Zappa of metal pulling pranks at the Grammys and telling crude jokes during interviews.