Im thinking about selling my metal zone or wah pedal and 30 wat epipohone dsp red amp and buying a 75 watch peavey valve king. I am really am into classic rock such as Deep purple, Jimi Hendrix and AC/DC
Quote by nate25
Im thinking about selling my metal zone or wah pedal and 30 wat epipohone dsp red amp and buying a 75 watch peavey valve king. I am really am into classic rock such as Deep purple, Jimi Hendrix and AC/DC

Sorry dude I think everyone is confused by your post...
yeah, this is a very confusing post. I'll sell you my 50 "Watch" valveking 112 for $300.
Ok so i was considering buying a 75 wat peavey valveking for 350 bucks plus tax, however in order to be able to afford it i would have to sell me 30 wat epiphone dsp red amp and either my metal zone pedal or my cry baby. Im not sure if it is a good idea. My influences on music are Angus Young, Jimi Hendrix and Deep Purple.
Quote by nate25
Ok so i was considering buying a 75 wat peavey valveking for 350 bucks plus tax, however in order to be able to afford it i would have to sell me 30 wat epiphone dsp red amp and either my metal zone pedal or my cry baby. Im not sure if it is a good idea. My influences on music are Angus Young, Jimi Hendrix and Deep Purple.

Still confused....

Peavey doesnt make a 75 "watt" valveking. Are you talking about the 50 watt combo or the 100 watt head?

What the hell is a 30 wat epiphone dsp red amp... Are you talking about the Epiphone Firefly 30 DSP Guitar Amplifier
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Still confused....

Peavey doesnt make a 75 "watt" valveking. Are you talking about the 50 watt combo or the 100 watt head?

What the hell is a 30 wat epiphone dsp red amp... Are you talking about the Epiphone Firefly 30 DSP Guitar Amplifier

Yeah sorry firefly and uh the lady at the guitar store told me it was 75 wats i didnt actually check my self, but since its half the price of the 100 wat im geussing yes it is 50 wats
Do it, the valveking sounds better than that epiphone
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
is it worth it though even if i have to selll my distortion pedal or no?
Quote by nate25
is it worth it though even if i have to selll my distortion pedal or no?

Honestly you are better off going with the Peavey Windsor.. Check them out when you get a chance..
go with a combo. halfstacks are overrated. i only wish they made a Rebel 20 in combo form...
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
go with a combo. halfstacks are overrated. i only wish they made a Rebel 20 in combo form...

Why go with the combo when you can get a halfstack for the same price...
sell the epiphone and the metal zone, get the windsor half stack and a boss SD-1 to boost it's gain when needed. unless you need a two channel setup, this will be perfect but get it before the price goes up again
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Why go with the combo when you can get a halfstack for the same price...

portability? only one box to lug around instead of 2?
Gear:
Ibanez Prestige 1421F
Epi Les Paul Ultra (With SD JB/Jazz pups)
Bugera 120w 333xl 212 combo
Peavey ValveKing 50w 112 combo (Eminence Texas Heat 12" speaker)
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
MXR M108 10 band EQ.
Dunlop Slash Crybaby Wah.
get the peavey combo dude
but the boss metal zone isn't very good, i have one and don't like it very much
the distortion on the peavey will be much better sounds
hmm why is the windsor better, its 500 bucks plus tax btw a full extra 150 bucks to be honest i cant actually afford the windsor. What about the valve king is it still worth it and will the amp distortion still sound better?
Last edited by nate25 at Mar 20, 2009,
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Id much rather roll my half stack around then carry a 60lb hunk of dead weight any day

True True, so I will just put wheels on my Combo.
Gear:
Ibanez Prestige 1421F
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
MXR M108 10 band EQ.
Quote by nate25
hmm why is the windsor better, its 500 bucks plus tax btw a full extra 150 bucks to be honest i cant actually afford the windsor. What about the valve king is it still worth it and will the amp distortion still sound better?

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Windsor-All-Tube-Half-Stack?sku=485059 looks like 470 bucks to me. its much better voiced, less muddy, etc... than the valveking
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by BadAxxe
True True, so I will just put wheels on my Combo.

And when you end up looking like a hunch back from pushing around something that only goes up to your knees for all those years. Ill still be up right and jammin

And TS try $399 +free shipping (Merry Christmas dont say I never gave you anything)
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-Windsor-100W-All-Tube-Half-Stack-485059-i1320783.gc
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Mar 20, 2009,
The Windsor is a nice amp, but if the TS needs cleans, it's a no-no.

Some genres would help.

IbanezPsycho: You never gave me anything
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Quote by classicrocker01
The Windsor is a nice amp, but if the TS needs cleans, it's a no-no.

Some genres would help.

IbanezPsycho: You never gave me anything

Would you like herpes
He needs cleans, so I'd suggest go for the VK. Not everyone needs a half stack.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
sell the metal zone man, wahs are defonatly more useful than "metal" distortion pedals for classic rock.
Quote by JoePerry4life
He needs cleans, so I'd suggest go for the VK. Not everyone needs a half stack.

yeah but the windsor is a different story, its a different league than the VK, even though the stack is much cheaper. its the only 400 half stack worth buying. anyways, look at ibanezpsycho, he uses a stack because he has the money, and it SOUNDS BETTER, even though it may be overkill he doesnt NEED to have it on ten all the time.
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Would you like herpes

No thanks, that Ampeg will do just fine.

Ts, do you need cleans? You haven't answered that yet, and if you don't, the Windsor is fine. But if you do, you will be very dissapointed with it.
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Quote by IbanezPsycho
And when you end up looking like a hunch back from pushing around something that only goes up to your knees for all those years. Ill still be up right and jammin

Yea, well, ummm, ok, I got it, What if I am only 4'2 huh? Then its just right.

Too bad I am 6'1, and yea, I am only messing around with ya. Truthfully I like my combo because I am only a bedroom player, so it doesn't have to go anywhere.
Gear:
Ibanez Prestige 1421F
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
MXR M108 10 band EQ.
^id rather have a head on a 2x12 cause theyr both around 40 pounds and it makes an easy enough carry for both separately, as opposed to a 2x12 combo which could be around 85 pounds
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
whos ts? if im ts i dont really need cleans i have an acoustic for that and i just want an amp that will really make a classic rock solo sing
TS=Thread Starter.

Acoustic=Electric Cleans now?

Get the Windsor, for pete's sake.

I love how every thread these days turns into a halfstack vs. combo argument.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
In that case, the Windsor is perfect for you.
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Quote by BadAxxe
Yea, well, ummm, ok, I got it, What if I am only 4'2 huh? Then its just right.

Too bad I am 6'1, and yea, I am only messing around with ya. Truthfully I like my combo because I am only a bedroom player, so it doesn't have to go anywhere.

I know thats why im fu*kin with ya

Im a bedroom player as well and the only reason im saying it is because I have a 70 lb combo which sucks to move when I have too. And even with the casters on it, its a b!tch because of the reasons I stated lol. I'd rather move my halfstack around then that combo anyday. But that's just my opinion for personal experiences.

Quote by classicrocker01
No thanks, that Ampeg will do just fine.

Ts, do you need cleans? You haven't answered that yet, and if you don't, the Windsor is fine. But if you do, you will be very dissapointed with it.

Gotta give ya props ya could of picked the 6505+ Krank halfstack but you choose the diamond in the ruff She is one hell of a fu*kin beast aint shee...
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Mar 21, 2009,