Just got it today, got it off Ebay for $336. After cutting the strings off and Re-leveling the Floyd for a set of 10-46's it sounds pretty good. I'm going to use it as my drop D axe.

Scores:
Pick-ups: 8/10 wasn't expecting much but they are really quite good. Better than the Duncan Designed that came on my Schecter S-1 Elite I think.

Bridge: 4/10 Changed strings and one of the string lock screws already has a stripped Allen wrench slot (no I wasn't cavemanning the Allen key). If I fall in love with this guitar it will have to go. For now it will do.

Neck: 9/10 Hard maple fretboard is really nice. Not sure yet if the "Devastator" inlays are cool or yag. Neck has a great feel. Set neck joint is solid but because it has a transparent finish you can see some wood filler and it's not as clean as I'd like. But for the money it's really quite nice.

Body: 9/10 some tiny black spots under clearcoat. nothing earth shattering the quilting is nice but not a lot of contrast. Head stock is pretty sick!

Pots: Nice roll on and off, better than my Agile.

Set up: N/A I re-did it as I like it. It came with 9's i think, whatever strings they were they certainly weren't anywhere near in tune. The Action was super low which is cool.

In summary. For the money (auction) it's really a solid guitar. Lance and the guys at TTM are busy as hell and I see why. Really solid stuff. The bridge is what is what it is I planned on changing it out eventually anyhow. The small things are done nicely, strap buttons are rock solid, locking nut is nice, pots are nice. The finish is superb other than some small flecks. I'm usually not a big fan of hockey stick headstocks but the lines on this one are sexy. If you are in the market for a $300-$400 (auctions usually end in that range) guitar I would recommend TTMGuitars!

Farley digs it!

TTM Taller Than Midgets!
Schecter Jeff Loomis Sig. Hardtail... FRIDAY
B.C. Rich KKV Signature :: Kerry King EMG W/Boost
Schecter S-1 Elite :: SD Distortion Mayhem Set
Agile AL2500 Goth :: SD Hot Rod set
TTM Customshop USA Devastator :: Rusty nails W/shoelace
Last edited by NoobZilla at Mar 20, 2009,
That's an awesome dog
(the guitar's sweet too)
Happy NGD, looks beautiful
Quote by synestershadows
Shai Hulud mother****er.
I don't like the color really, but the inlays look pretty sweet.

I liek ur dog tho.
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

This thread proves Gigatiran is awesome, and a lot more awesome than your average awesome. I bet he even owns a duster like Dennis Reynolds.
Farley?
Quote by Ikonoklast
Tie her up and drive her into some woods, pour petrol over her and then ask her if she wants you back.

Anyone in Birmingham, England meet up for a Jam?

Quote by uk.mace
My hand gave me a handjob

Won't give me a f*cking blowjob though
Thanks guys.

Farley rocks more than any guitar!
Update....

All 3 nut screws.... Stripped heads
2 Bridge string locks.... Stripped heads
Rear strap knob.... Loose and wood is stripped

All the bridge hardware is such a soft metal it's ridiculous. Sure the body is nice but there's just too many small things showing up. Sure it's a $300 auction guitar, but a lot of the people/kids looking at this need a better guitar than this for their money because kids can't afford small things constantly breaking on them.

I have a KKV with a Kahler Hybrid bridge and a Locking nut, never had any issues with the bridge or nut screws. The material used on the Devastator just seem very soft.

I find this funny also the bridge is a: "Licensed Floyd Rosd" that's how it's stamped.

I would recommend anyone looking in the lower price range to look at Schecters or Mid Level B.c. Riches, and of course LTDs.
Last edited by NoobZilla at Mar 30, 2009,
I think it looks pretty good but i would prefer a rosewood or ebony fretboard. I never heard of them before today but I checked out their web site.

Is it used or new? That would explain some of the problems if it's used.
The little problems seem cheap enough to get fixed. Licensed Floyds are a hit or miss. I have gotten some great ones on guitars and then again I had to replace a few with better LFR or OFR. I would have to try one out before I bought one myself.

John
Quote by johnro6659
I think it looks pretty good but i would prefer a rosewood or ebony fretboard. I never heard of them before today but I checked out their web site.

Is it used or new? That would explain some of the problems if it's used.
The little problems seem cheap enough to get fixed. Licensed Floyds are a hit or miss. I have gotten some great ones on guitars and then again I had to replace a few with better LFR or OFR. I would have to try one out before I bought one myself.

John

I wouldn't get on here and complain about a used guitar. Yes they are little problems but why should they require fixing in less than a month?

Not being able to try one in person is why I'm posting this, if someone was thinking about getting one I wanted them to know my experience having one.
Nice looking guitar. I'd try to snag a OFR and nut and I think you will be way more happier with that guitar! Or even the Ping Floyd's maybe. Never used one but have heard they are pretty good.
Yeah i'm ordering an OFR soon. just bummed about the little things after 2 weeks. Oh well. It'kll be killer with a OFR.
That is absolutely gorgeous. Congrats!

Gear:
Agile AL-2000 > Maxon OD808 > Boss DD-20 > Strymon blueSky > Splawn Pro Stock > Emperor 4x12

the lives to come

haha the infamous floyd rosd. I rofled when I saw that on my guitar. I hope it doesn't suck too bad...
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Les Paul Copy
AX Copy
Ibanez Gio

JCM 800 4211

Vox 847
Marshall Guv'nor 2

Need more amps!
Quote by GuitarGetsMeSex
haha the infamous floyd rosd. I rofled when I saw that on my guitar. I hope it doesn't suck too bad...

Congratz TS

300 for a TTM is a steal
they go for at least 700!
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
i'm kinda attracted to those inlays. HNGD
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Did we have to bump this thread?
His NGD was about 9 months ago.
Above post may or may not be true.
Quote by kurney
Did we have to bump this thread?
His NGD was about 9 months ago.

nice call. i just noticed this now.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"