I have been playing guitar for about 8 months now, and I'd like to know approximately what songs I should know/be learning. Thanks.
you should have mary had a little lamb under your belt...

... but nah dude, dont stress about what, just keep learning, whether it's exercises or riffs or songs, doesnt matter, just chug away.
something with an intermeadiate solo in it. like time by pink floyd, or californiacation, its not songs you should be worried about. i would be concerned on accuaracy, soloing, techniques, and making some original material, maybe even soloing over a blues prog
depends on what you started off learning. if i were you, id make sure i have scales down, as well as a boat load of chords. rhythm and timing should be getting stronger, as well as chord transitions and a basic understanding of composition. i know it sounds like a lot, but it's all tied together
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
this is like asking "how long is a piece of string" ......... there is no answer to this really...
Whatever you feel like you should.
Follow your own goals and do your own thing.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
No guitarist SHOULD or BE learning any particular songs. You can learn whatever song you want, regardless of skill. There are kids that start out trying to play Paul Gilbert, and then there are those that are great guitarists and practice Green Day songs all day. If anything, you should be practicing scales, chords, and right hand technique. Once you feel you have that mastered, try songs with new techniques you would like to learn, for example sweeping or string skipping with alternate picking (Busta Rhymes).
tl;dr: Play whatever the **** you want.
after that amount of time if you don,t know everthing that there bis to know you should bury your head realax and have fun cause remember your only one chord away from being a genious
8 months in I could play Bourree flawlessly both right and left-handed... but that's just me.
Quote by guitar zerp
8 months in I could play Bourree flawlessly both right and left-handed... but that's just me.

you mean like on a right hand guitar and a left hand guitar
Quote by newaccount
you mean like on a right hand guitar and a left hand guitar

uhh... yeah...
Quote by guitar zerp
uhh... yeah...

Yeah same here, i had dinner with steven hawking right after i learnt it. He seemed pretty impressed.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."