Can't put pics up right now, but I'll try to find my crappy little dollar store pocket digital camera and take some later.

anyway, some said it would never happen that I'd get a $2000+ budget for new gear, but it happened. I got rid of the classic 30 and randall RG50TC(yuckk) too to help my budget out a bit for a new amp!

and I bought a Gibson Les Paul studio circa '05 (pre-weight relief, its heavy but sounds GREAT), and to be honest I like the neck. The LTD EC was a bit better in terms of playability ( I think the frets were a bit bigger) and it sounded almost 1:1 with the gibson (it was lighter and had a thinner body and a bit less sustain than the gibson)

the les paul is alpine white with gold hardware, and even with the stock pickups it screams through my new amp...

my new amp is a Marshall JVM210H and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. The thing can seriously go anywhere from plexi to JCM800 + Tube Screamer on it's own. No od pedal. no nothing. I plug in, set the knobs, boom. GREAT TONE. Surprisingly enough it still has GREAT tone for clean, mid and high gain sounds at ridiculously low volumes for a 100 watt tube head. I can actually get great tones and stomach the volume for home/bedroom jamming.

I really wanted the combo version (Hell I wanted a 50-60 watt version), but neither guitar center or the store I bought the les paul at (parkway music) had the combos in stock. I ended up buying the cab used at guitar center because I couldnt afford more.

It doesnt sound as fat or thick as some other amps, but I intentionally didnt want it to. I provides the tone I've been aiming for well (as close as your going to get at least). I dont know how to describe the tone exactly, but for the first time, Im actually happy with my tone, and Im not just saying I am because I bought the amp. Its a real weird feeling.

the speaker cab I had to cheap out on... I seriously HAD to. I was broke. after spending almost $2000. I got a Behringer Ultrastack BG412S cab with it

It still sounds pretty kickass, but the speaker cab leaves some to be desired. not enough to be a buzzkill for me though, I absolutely LOVE the head, and even through the behringer cab, it gives me the tone I want. From Hendrix and led zeppelin to 80's ozzy and maiden, or even metallica or really crushing High gain distortion, I can really get it out of the amp, and I dont even have to dig for it.

So what do you guys think of the new gear? I'll try to get pics up as soon as I can, though they may be crappy quality.
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
Last edited by spiroth10 at Mar 20, 2009,
congrats man on the sweet new gear!!!
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Sounds sexy. Tomorrow I'm off to pick up my very own JCM900 head =)
But pics will be even sexier.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
a Gibson LP and a JVM??????

marry me please
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
Quote by Jesstaa
Sounds sexy. Tomorrow I'm off to pick up my very own JCM900 head =)
But pics will be even sexier.

yeah its some beautiful stuff. The 900 will probably be really nice, I never thought i'd be into the marshall sound, but I really like the jcm 800, 900, plexi and JVM sounds now that I've looked at some amps. The JCM 2000s however I didnt like much though, too fizzy for my tastes.

anyway the pics wont be great when I take them, but I will soon (might have to wait until tommorrow) I have to find my ****ty little pocket digital camera cuz I dont have anything else... cant have sound AND picture quality I guess :P
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
I was lookin at those JVM's they sounded prety sweet are they the ones with like 4 channels with green yellow and red on each channel?
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

Quote by druz15_UG
I was lookin at those JVM's they sounded prety sweet are they the ones with like 4 channels with green yellow and red on each channel?

the JVM410 is the one with 4 channels, mine is the JVM210, with only 2 full channels, but you can set up multiple different settings for each channel because of the amps design (the whole green yellow and red settings). It feels/seems like I have more channels than I do, so its still sweet as hell.

idk what you'll think about them, but I think Im in love... just wish I couldve gotten the matching cab... ... oh well, leaves something for me to hope/save for the behringer still sounds awesome with it anyway....

*is currently going to the rate my gear thread for a rematch* lmao
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
Last edited by spiroth10 at Mar 20, 2009,
I never tried one but they looked sounded pretty good and versatile in the promo videos
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

Quote by mcrfobtai
Sexy. Looks like some mediocre gear went to some awsome stuff. I've never really heard any clips of a JVM. Do em

I will if I can, but realize that the tone will be destroyed by a PC integrated sound card compressor...

I dont have any recording gear, so I use a cheap PC mic and an integrated sound card...

but I can try ...

there are some clips on youtube (I think) but not many because its a pretty new amp... ik the sound is bad quality on youtube, but it far surpasses my recording abilities.
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
Quote by cukd7x-a2-
a Gibson LP and a JVM??????

marry me please

dont do it TS!!!

periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
dont do it TS!!!

OP will marry me right? XD
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr