I feel I shoudl kinda give up gaming in order to improve my skills on guitar faster..

Page 1 of 2
Plus the chicks like it, lol. But I don't I love games. I just don't think they do any good for me, because I might not game for the rest of my life but I will 100% play guitar for the rest of my life... You know what I mean?

What do you guys think?
Chicks like guitars but they hate your face so I'd keep playing games if I were you
Trust me I'm a doctor

A doctor with a mustache
But gaming builds finger strength, which is needed to improve on guitar.

Your argument is invalid, TS.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
go for it
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Do it... I barely play videogames anymore. Occasionally I'll play Call of Duty 2 or Team Fortress 2 or something... and I'll play with my brother or friends when I see them, but after a while you don't miss videogaming that much and it isn't that big of a deal anymore. Gives you more free time... which for me, unfortunately is taken up by the Pit....
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
yes

EDIT: Except for this one olympic game on ps1 where you had to tap constantly. Unless you don't want to tap
Quote by Sir Anonymous
I'd call you a crazy Brit, but your username seems to quite assure your sanity.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Epic username of pure epicness

To: Jesus=ConArtist
Last edited by Jesus=ConArtist at Mar 20, 2009,
just play guitar hero and you can have the best of all the worlds

You'll be playing video games
It'll make you better at guitar
AND chicks will dig you...
Quote by Yeti60
Do it... I barely play videogames anymore. Occasionally I'll play Call of Duty 2 or Team Fortress 2 or something... and I'll play with my brother or friends when I see them, but after a while you don't miss videogaming that much and it isn't that big of a deal anymore. Gives you more free time... which for me, unfortunately is taken up by the Pit....

And now you have even less of a life
I'm in the same boat TS, except I have a passion for video games and don't see myself quitting, so I just split the time between the two. But it's a lot easier when you're getting bored of the games you have lol.
PSN: Chris_P_Chikin
Quote by Primus2112
But gaming builds finger strength, which is needed to improve on guitar.

Your argument is invalid, TS.

Except gaming only builds up your thumbs. Thumbs are not used in playing the guitar.

Your argument is invalid DA.
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
Well honestly, it's fine to play games, just as long as you don't let it get in the way of your guitar playing. I play games, but since I got my guitar back in August, i've cut down on my gaming a lot and it has definately helped me, but thats not to say I don't play games all together. I mean it's mainly Guitar Hero 3 that I play, but I still play other games. Also I don't think girls mind too much, my girlfriend enjoys playing games on my Xbox with me, it's a right laugh, I just think it would bother her if I was on it 24/7...but OBVIOUSLY it's more impressive to a girl if you can play guitar than games haha. My advice would be to play LESS games and MORE guitar, but still play games, because you don't need to stop yourself from enjoying yourself.
Quote by merfsullivan
Thumbs are not used in playing the guitar.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
How about this: game less.

Oh my god!

You're allowed to have more than one hobby. I myself have numerous. You know sometimes I read or partake in sporting activities. I know, I know I must sound like superman dividing my time between multiple pursuits... or I could be taking the piss out of idiocy, who can say for sure?
or you can be like many people (me for instance) and do both.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by Skierinanutshel
thumbs are used for playing the guitar.

your argument in invalid.
Really? Try playing without putting your thumb on the guitar neck at all. I dares ya.
Quote by merfsullivan
Except gaming only builds up your thumbs. Thumbs are not used in playing the guitar.

Your argument is invalid DA.

PC gaming, nub.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Just play guitar hero, that way you can play games and learn how to play guitar at the same time... It's kinda like playing on a guitar in drop D that only has 5 frets...
Quote by Skierinanutshel
yup, i do. see -> many players wrap their thumbs around the fretboard.
...Which would be part of the neck.
Quote by Skierinanutshel
and fretting with said thumb. i'm confused, whats the question again?

lol arguing with someone who agrees with you usually ends like this
Quote by freedoms_stain
Really? Try playing without putting your thumb on the guitar neck at all. I dares ya.
It's entirely possible, just use your palm instead of your thumb to put pressure on the strings.
addendum:^^^ that, if that is what the question was referring to. its how i play at least, leaves the thumb open for fretting, and i can control pressure easier that way.

Quote by Sublimical
lol arguing with someone who agrees with you usually ends like this

+busy, tiring week, sleep deprivation, and eating wayyy too many PB&J sandwiches. oh the world that is college.
Last edited by Skierinanutshel at Mar 20, 2009,
Quote by Skierinanutshel
and fretting with said thumb. i'm confused, whats the question again?
I read the guy you quoted as your post then quoted you and now I look like a tit.

What I should have done is read what you actually wrote and say "+1"

Sorry.
Quote by mathieupM13
Chicks like guitars but they hate your face so I'd keep playing games if I were you

Just cuz girls can't look at you doesn't mean its the same for everybody. Jerk.
There's no reason why you can't do both!
Or even better, multi-task!

It's your call.

Quote by UOfan777
just play guitar hero and you can have the best of all the worlds

You'll be playing video games
It'll make you better at guitar
AND chicks will dig you...

Yeah I play that I at my friends place, but that games for noobs tho.
If you dont really care for video games, there really isnt a sense in playing them unless you are really bored, so go for it
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by freedoms_stain
How about this: game less.

Oh my god!

You're allowed to have more than one hobby. I myself have numerous. You know sometimes I read or partake in sporting activities. I know, I know I must sound like superman dividing my time between multiple pursuits... or I could be taking the piss out of idiocy, who can say for sure?

Obviously, you need to keep fit so thats completely different.
No I've been gaming all my life, I'm hardcore and I can't resist although now I find myself playing less and focus more on making mods. Occasionally I'll play something but yea...
Quote by freedoms_stain

well you gotta good point but your thumb doesn't need any 'strength to do so
Just dont play video games.

Simple.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic