requirements
it must be original

preferably under one minute long (give or take 25 seconds)

you can only enter up to 3 entries

Current Contestants

axemanchris

I NEED 2 OR 3 MORE JUDGES SO ASK ME IF YOU WANT TO JUDGE
Squirrels>all other animals group

Quote by Prophet of Page
I don't recommend passive pickups for any kind of blues tone. Ideally, you'd want a passive pickup with a reasonably low level of output.
Last edited by eahilder at Mar 24, 2009,
Quote by blueriver
Over a backing track or just lead guitar?

up to the player

^srry i did not know and i did search but i did not find anything

Quote by Prophet of Page
I don't recommend passive pickups for any kind of blues tone. Ideally, you'd want a passive pickup with a reasonably low level of output.
well to me melodic playing has feeling and meaning and i guess you can say theory is used in them

solos with feeling to me are november rain (both solos), farewell ballad, fade to black intro solo, basic all james hetfield solos, ect.

it can be fast, just has to have a melodic feel to it if that makes any sense

Quote by Prophet of Page
Quote by eahilder
well to me melodic playing has feeling and meaning and i guess you can say theory is used in them

solos with feeling to me are november rain (both solos), farewell ballad, fade to black intro solo, basic all james hetfield solos, ect.

it can be fast, just has to have a melodic feel to it if that makes any sense

That makes absolutely no sense. "Shredding" is melodic by definition, and "feel" is entirely subjective.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
^ shredding is NOT melodic "by definition".... but it certainly can be, and often is melodic. If any one word could be used to define shredding it would be..... fast.

anyway TS, why not just have a solo competition and include any style? That way you don't get caught up in definitions or opinions of what things are.
shred is gaudy music
alright solo competition of any style

Quote by Prophet of Page
Quote by eahilder
alright solo competition of any style

lol so im guessing by melodic you ment something that actually goes somewhere. so not fast for the sake of fast and no wanking? either way, i think ill cook something up if we get some other people interested. but then again, if its just me i guess i win by defult
http://www.myspace.com/nowherethis
"The Preacher and the Clown" as found in the mp3 player, track #4.

Solo starts at 3:36 - ends at 4:28.

I was going for a "November Rain" meets "People Get Ready" (w/Jeff Beck) kind of vibe. I was happy with the result.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Last edited by axemanchris at Mar 22, 2009,
alright 1 entry maybe 2...anyone wanna help judge?

Quote by Prophet of Page