I want to put only one humbucker or one set of stacked single coils in the bridge of my stratocaster project. I play metal and also indie, so I'd like a very versatile pup but with high gain. So I'd like your suggestions, money isn't really an option. Thanks Guys.
Quote by Hardcore101
I want to put only one humbucker or one set of stacked single coils in the bridge of my stratocaster project. I play metal and also indie, so I'd like a very versatile pup but with high gain. So I'd like your suggestions, money isn't really an option. Thanks Guys.

Can't lose with a Duncan JB. I liked the DiMarzio Fast Track 2 as far as stacked high output singles go.
you want a great hard rock/metal pickup in Single size, go for the Duncan Hot Rails bridge. it is the most balls out single size pickup i've ever used. its amazing.
Main Gear List:
Guitars:
Jackson RR7
Agile AL-3100 Double Bound
1977 Fender Jazz Bass
Amp:
Blackstar HT-5
peavey bass amp
Effects:
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Danelectro 7-band EQ
Quote by lumberjack
Can't lose with a Duncan JB. I liked the DiMarzio Fast Track 2 as far as stacked high output singles go.

+1

Ive got one of these in my washburn.
Awesome tone.
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
Quote by lumberjack

I gotta agree with that. The JB is a great, well rounded pickup. It'll give you amazing "metal" "punk" and "classic" tones when you dial your amp just right. I also liked my '59 in the bridge position for "punk" and "emo" tones, too, though. I mean, honestly, you really can't go wrong with any "PAF style" pickup if you've got the right amp and pedals for it.

I can't speak to the Fast Track 2, though, never used one, but I did have a Dimi Super Distortion in the bridge of my Ibanez for a while, and I LOVED that thing. It was hot, it sang and it pushed any amp to the point that you wanted it for "punk" and "emo." I also used a Duncan Invader for a little while, and was pleased with that, but it was a bit harsh for me, I can't recomend it flat out, but it may work out for you.

When I say "emo," I mean stuff in the vain of Thrice, Taking Back Sunday and Thursday, you know... some of the last vestiges of true emo.

Oh, also: I should add that I don't like the Duncan Rails, personally. I always thought they sounded a bit sterile and over the top. They're not BAD pickups, but they're just "too much." You know what I mean. I thought that that Invader had more nuances than the Hot Rails did.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Last edited by Thomme at Mar 20, 2009,