Hey guys, I'm looking into a Chorus that will help the cleans of my 6505 (the secret key to getting the "rhythm" channel on the 6505 to being playable ). I'm looking for something around the $150 price mark, and it doesn't have to be boutique or have lots of mad crazy options that I would never use. It just has to sound really nice, not suck my tone, and add both warmth and sparkle to my tone.
To give you guys an idea, something that you'd hear in 90's clean tones (not Nirvana esq., even though I am looking into the Small Clone). Not looking for mad warble or crazy effects from it, but to help the tone if you know what I mean.
I've looked into the Boss Super Chorus (heard opinions on both ends of the spectrum from this), the MXR Stereo Chorus (a bit pricey), and the Electro-Harmonix Small Clone (this one having the most of my interest).
What do you guys think of these pedals? Which would do what I'm asking for best?
Any other recommendations are welcome if they fit the price range, I just sold my Zoom G7.1ut multi-effects unit, so I'm not looking into anything like that.
I'll be pairing this with a Carbon Copy Delay in the loop.
And should Chorus pedals go in the loop, or in the signal chain?

Thanks
Get the deltalab chorus. You will not regret it. It has true bypass, best tone I've heard, and is built like a tank. Also the price is very nice ($60)
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta
Peavey Vypyr 15 for teh lulz

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
boss ce-2 MIJ, the best, mine has not left my pedalbaord since the first day i got it..and that was over 16 years ago
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Last edited by Harvesterofsrrw at Mar 21, 2009,
^I've heard that before, but I'd have to buy it used, correct?
The Delta Lab looks interesting, but I'm no where near a Guitar Center or anywhere that'd carry one, and I can't find their website. Got a link to it? I'd like to learn more.
And I found out a store near me could get me a Electro-Harmonix Small Clone for $90 Canadian, anybody have an opinion on these?
i was in your same situation, but i bought a gmajor and fixed it,, but before that i had a boss Super Chorus

that was perfect
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
Small Clones are very good for the price.
Quote by gourd42
i was going to insult thedude97, BUT HIS AVATAR SHOWS MORDOR!
Quote by thedude97
Small Clones are very good for the price.

I got a small clone for this reason.
Visual Chorus by Visual Sound. One of the best choruses at the market, and not to expensive.
Quote by bowen
^I've heard that before, but I'd have to buy it used, correct?
The Delta Lab looks interesting, but I'm no where near a Guitar Center or anywhere that'd carry one, and I can't find their website. Got a link to it? I'd like to learn more.
And I found out a store near me could get me a Electro-Harmonix Small Clone for $90 Canadian, anybody have an opinion on these?

yes you woudl have to buy it used and your probably goign to pay over 200 $ on ebay for one
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Guitar Center doesn't ship to Canada? That's wierd.

If you do come across one, I'd reccomend it. If you can't get one, I'd say probably the Boss ce-2 or Small Clone

(BTW DeltaLab makes a great analog delay and great distortion pedals too.)

EDIT: Free shipping too (in the US anyway...)
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta
Peavey Vypyr 15 for teh lulz

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
Last edited by DiSTuRBeD -26- at Mar 21, 2009,