For a school project I need to find and read a book I was assigned The English Language: A Guided Tour of the Language 2nd e.d by David Crystal.

I searched for it on all of the websites of all of the bookstores I could find in Toronto, and none stock it, the only Library that has it is the reference library (so I'd have to read all 300 something pages at the library) and I can't order online quick enough for me to finish the book in time.

So I'm wondering if you guys know a site that has a large database of online books that would likely have the on I'm looking for.

PS. I already tried the obvious solutions, google and torrents were both ineffective. But if you want to try to prove me wrong be my guest.

TL;DR: want to find a site that lets me download/read a particular book (preferably for free).
Google book search, perhaps?
Amazon...
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

This thread proves Gigatiran is awesome, and a lot more awesome than your average awesome. I bet he even owns a duster like Dennis Reynolds.
Last edited by Gigatiran at Mar 20, 2009,
silly rabbit, books are for IRL.
Quote by CJE
I punched my friend out of a desk and yelled "FATALITY."
Best. Study hall. Evar.
Or like the time I yelled out "WHY DOES IT BURN WHEN I PEEEEEEEE????"
Best. Library time. Evar.

Quote by slaveofsatan
I yelled "I leik t3h mudkipz" in my grade 9 orientation.
Try audiobooks from iTunes
Morris Les Paul copy
Jackson DKXT Dinky
Seagull Acoustic

Roland Cube 15
Line 6 spider IV 75
Quote by Gigatiran
Google book search, perhaps?
Amazon...

I've never bought a book off of amazon, but will it let me read it online immediately after I do? because it definitely won't make it here in time since its only available on the American site.

Quote by Josher.K

Thats the first edition, published 16 years before the one I was assigned, I might use that as a last resort but I don't think I'd get full marks.
Amazon has e-books.
Torrent's are another place you can look.
If you can get it in a library, they aren't really losing money.
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

This thread proves Gigatiran is awesome, and a lot more awesome than your average awesome. I bet he even owns a duster like Dennis Reynolds.
maybe explain to your professor you cant find the ****ing book
he might let you borrow his copy
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Quote by Truespin
you can't use a guitar to replace your lack of charm or social skills.

Worked for Malmsteen.
Quote by Gigatiran
Amazon has e-books.
Torrent's are another place you can look.
If you can get it in a library, they aren't really losing money.

Torrents and the library didn't give anything useful, as I said in first post.

But its on the American Amazon in the books section (not anything else), If I buy it will I be able to read it online? As I said before, shipping to Canada will take too long.

Quote by Josher.K
maybe explain to your professor you cant find the ****ing book
he might let you borrow his copy

I'll probably end up doing this but I want to at least tell him I tried