Page 1 of 7
What band gets the most undeserved abuse from music fans e.g. Metallica
Last edited by DegaMeth at Mar 20, 2009,
Quote by DegaMeth
What band gets the most undeserved abuse from fans e.g. Metallica

+1

edit: Avenged Sevenfold. I really don't see what is so bad about them.
Last edited by slash4114 at Mar 20, 2009,
my chemical romance their guitar player is pretty good
Last edited by l.a.ibanez123 at Mar 21, 2009,
pretty much any band that's hated constantly on here for ex:
Dragonforce, Nirvana, My Chemical Romance, Panic! at the Disco, Fall Out Boy, Blink 182 etc.
the jonas brothers, i just think people are jealous of how br00tal they are, and the fact that they can shred faster than anyone

but, for real, i think you're right in saying Metallica's abuse is undeserved, they recorded some great stuff (pre-1990)
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by slash4114
+1

People dislike them.

Anyways, there are a lot. Dragonforce, they're studio stuff is pretty good imo
My Chemical Romance. Their guitar player listens to metal. and the guitar guy from FOB. the band itself isnt that good but that guy when he's alone is good, he was doing sweep picking and hammering.

Dragonforce gets undeserved attention
Morris Les Paul copy
Jackson DKXT Dinky
Seagull Acoustic

Roland Cube 15
Line 6 spider IV 75
wow beaten to this like 3 times but Metallica (they kick so much ass and you know it) My Chemical Romance, i like the new Greenday, Coldplay isnt that bad and neither is Bullet for my Vallentine or A7X
Quote by Cheesemaster
pretty much any band that's hated constantly on here for ex:
Dragonforce, Nirvana, My Chemical Romance, Panic! at the Disco, Fall Out Boy, Blink 182 etc.

i havent seen much Nirvana hate but if i do i'll send a heeldrop to their face
My Gear:
Epiphone Classic Les Paul
Ibanez JS1000 w/ Seymour Duncan Jazz and Pearly Gates
Alverez Acoustic
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Boss GT-8

Add Me?
Last edited by Black Label93 at Mar 20, 2009,
Limp Bizkit- he did it all for the nookie. c'mon what's so bad about that?
I see no sign of fortress.
Last edited by Phorgot at Mar 20, 2009,
How would they get abuse from fans?

A lot of people hate on Nirvana. I don't see their problem. They revolutionized grunge (practically).
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

GREATEST
PIC
OF
LIFE

you just won the thread. a round of applause is in order *fap fap fa......CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP*

TF2 Player?
Metallica is pretty accurate, but I say Queensryche.

They caught a sh*t reputation for Silent Lucidity (which wasn't a bad song - just not 'metal') when the rest of their stuff isn't much like it.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
MCR and Fall Out Boy, as has already been said.

I play piano and guitar.
Do you play piano?
Add me.
:]
Quote by Gargantuan
KoRn,

i agree, kids now dont realise they were pretty cutting edge in the beginning
i'm sorry, but panic at the disco deserves it

i'd say metallica though
Quote by Spoony_Bard
I hate that...actually I just hate anyone under the age of 16

Quote by RockGuitar92
Just get it cut a little. It will grow back. Besides why is it so important to look metal? That's just retarded.

Gear in profile
Quote by slash4114
+1

dunno, but Synester Gates is hot!!!!
I say Fall Out Boy but just because I like pop music and to me they sound alright
Metallica, metalcore and nu-metal in general, Pantera, Megadeth's Cryptic Writings, The new wave of thrash metal(maybe unoriginal but they're fun as ****.) And I hate how Black Metal is constantly stereotyped. Also, rap. (most) Rap is awesome and I'm not talking about the **** on TV these days, I mean Tupac, Eminem etc.
Also, pop-punk. I don't particularly like the genre, but everyone seems to hate it. It's just a genre, if you don't like it, don't listen to it, but you don't need to insult anyone for listening to it.

And Kurt Cobain/Nirvana. He might not be technically proficient, but he was one of my favorite songwriters.
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
Last edited by vanshaya at Mar 20, 2009,
Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold,
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

I really ought to get my username changed...
Quote by Phorgot
Limp Bizkit- he did it all for the nookie. c'mon what's so bad about that?

You know - I agree even though I think you were being fecetious.

The rest of the band got a bad rap becuase Durst is a pompous talentless ass, but they're actually pretty good. The music was always good, IMO, if you could ignore Durst's whiny outbursts.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Panic At the Disco cop a lot of flack for changing their sound. I don't mind them.
XIAOXI
Quote by thewho68
How would they get abuse from fans?

A lot of people hate on Nirvana. I don't see their problem. They revolutionized grunge (practically).

not really revolutionize just brought it to mainstream attention
Quote by Cheesemaster

Hell yeah he is
Killswitch engage... everyone overlooks the great melodys, riffs and overall music and jumps straight to the lets call it "scremo" or in some form emo.
Greenday. Their music was good, and don't deny it we all know you liked at least one of the songs off of American Idiot. Hell, i listened to that whole album tons of times. It's just that they got too big and everyone thought it was really really uncool to like them.
Quote by vanshaya
Metallica, metalcore and nu-metal in general, Pantera, Megadeth's Cryptic Writings, The new wave of thrash metal(maybe unoriginal but they're fun as ****.) And I hate how Black Metal is constantly stereotyped.

.......My African friend almost got into it....he thought it was African Metal...

Anyways, I think RATM and more heavy metal stuff, like Children of Bodom and All that Remains. People don't like them because of their genres
Morris Les Paul copy
Jackson DKXT Dinky
Seagull Acoustic

Roland Cube 15
Line 6 spider IV 75
Quote by strat0blaster
You know - I agree even though I think you were being fecetious.

The rest of the band got a bad rap becuase Durst is a pompous talentless ass, but they're actually pretty good. The music was always good, IMO, if you could ignore Durst's whiny outbursts.

i was actually serious. they had their own fanbase and were going on strong. props to them for their efforts.
I see no sign of fortress.
Last edited by Phorgot at Mar 20, 2009,
I'd say any abuse of a band is undeserved.

Constructive criticism is fair enough but to just flat out abuse a band because you don't like them is just puerile and immature. If you don't like a band, just shut up about them, it's that simple.
To Xamasi:

I've never heard anyone hate on KsE on this site. Ever.

For the record, I like them. And I agree with the Metallica and Nirvana posts in here. However I just can't bring myself to agree with FOB, MCR or Panic at the Disco
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta
Peavey Vypyr 15 for teh lulz

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
Incubus maybe? A lot of fans (including me sorta) kind of get mad at them for straying too far away from their funk origins. It's pretty unfair I guess.
Quote by Weybl Himself
I'd say any abuse of a band is undeserved.

Constructive criticism is fair enough but to just flat out abuse a band because you don't like them is just puerile and immature. If you don't like a band, just shut up about them, it's that simple.

Unless they offend everyone in their songs
Morris Les Paul copy
Jackson DKXT Dinky
Seagull Acoustic

Roland Cube 15
Line 6 spider IV 75
Quote by Les Paul57
Greenday. Their music was good, and don't deny it we all know you liked at least one of the songs off of American Idiot. Hell, i listened to that whole album tons of times. It's just that they got too big and everyone thought it was really really uncool to like them.

This

Seriously, I used to constantly listen to Green Day years ago, and now, even though my listening to them has been cut down to maybe one song every 2 weeks, "Geek Stink Breath" is still one of my favorite songs of all time.

I also agree with MCR, "The Black Parade" is actually a very good album, if you don't go into it thinking "This is gonna be ****ty emo crap".

Also, Nirvana and Metallica.
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Mar 20, 2009,
im not really understanding why you guys are saying that all these shi*ty bands are undeerdeserved.
thats such a dumb thing to say.
fall out boy, MCR, avenged sevenfold, etc. they all suck. i cant belive you would say they have any sort of talent waht so ever....
Trivium. Metalhammer got all obsessed with them and started calling them the next Metallica and since then everyone has been calling them rip offs and keep comparing them, they are actually a great band.
Quote by Cheesemaster

not to mention hes actually talented compared to most guitarists in the mainstream.