Hey guys, I've been playing guitar for about 7-8 months and I want to start playing slide guitar.

I would like to know what slide would give me a nice and sweet bluesy sound and also some suggestions on songs to get me warmed up and comfortable w/ slide guitar.
I've gotten a lot of LOLs in my time but I choose not to sig them to not look like a pretentious douchebag

You need high action. The guy at guitar center recommended that I get a glass slide to begin with. It works. No complaints so far.
I do not know much about slides.

I do know, as JELI stated, you need higher action. I also think I heard somewhere that open tunings compliment the slide... again, not sure.

I'd also like to learn slide, or at least a little bit.

That being said, many people like to have a separate guitar for slide, due to the high action, etc. Not saying you have to, but yeah...

Good luck!
Thanks guys, I just like how smooth slide guitar sounds. I also think it'll help me w/ my scales too.
I've gotten a lot of LOLs in my time but I choose not to sig them to not look like a pretentious douchebag

Slide and open tuning goes hand in hand. Open Tunings allow you to play a chord using a single finger which is very handy when playing slide.

I made the first slide I ever used from a thick wine bottle. Don't remember the name, but the bottle was blue and had a very long neck on it. I recommend buying a slide rather than making one, the Dunlop Pyrex slides are nice
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
I would recommend getting a glass slide, me personally find that Glass slides give a bit warmer tone, where as steel or brass slides give a sharper tone. I would recommend dunlops pyrex slides, they're very durable, ive dropped mine a few times and hasn't broken.
Gear

- Epiphone Les Paul
- SX Strat (w/ Fender Vintage Noisless Pickups, TBX Control, and an active circuit board for +25dB mid boost)
- Marshall DSL40C