So i'm searching for a classic marshall sound, kinda like a plexi, jcm 800 or jubilee sound. I wanted a pedal that could give me a tone close of the classic marshall tone, since i already own a guv'nor GV-2 and although it is a good pedal it isn't really great. So i looked into the Radial Tonebone Plexitube and the Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800. Which one do you think would get me a closer tone or which other pedal could get me there? I'm looking for a variety of tones that include 70s rock, AC/DC, Aerosmith, and 80s hard rock including Guns n Roses and the jcm 800 sound
Amp isn't an issue since i'm getting a jcm 800 head later this year, although i'm currenly playin through an MG (i know it is REALLY bad).
Thanks a lot
I'd wait to get the head, all you should need with that head is a decent OD and an EQ and you'll get most any marshally tone you want.
Wampler makes some pretty nice plexi pedals and they can still be used when you upgrade. Low, mid, and hi gain switch to dial the amount you want.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
I heard the Plexitube was a beast and the quality from radial is top knotch you should also check out there Hot British.
1987 Ibanez Jem 777LNG #124
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
1987 Ibanez RG550 Road Flare Red-R
Marshall JCM-1 W/Lead 12 Cab.
Wampler, Ibanez, MXR, Morley Pedals
Look into the Brain wampler pedals like Scott Said, GREAT pedals.
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era