Hey guys
I bought my Schecter C1 Hellraiser about 2 weeks ago now. It's the hard tail version. I re-strung it as soon as i got it with 12-54 gauge strings. I have it tuned to drop B.

The guitar is and fine and dandy except for the fact that when i hit the strings hard or put lots of pressure on the top string when palm muting; the low B slips out of its groove on the saddle.

Now i looked closely and there is only a very small groove on the saddle; it looks like it should be bigger. The string is fairly tight (by my standards) and IMO should not be slipping.

I rang the store and they said to bring it in, but i can't until thursday, any thing i could do in between then and now that could fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.
um... use smaller strings. Seriously, it just sounds liek the strings are to thick for your guitars currnet setup.
Quote by _Sanitarium_
What they are most likely gonna do is either try and convince you to go with lighter strings or file the groove a hair bigger.

+1
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by _Sanitarium_
What they are most likely gonna do is either try and convince you to go with lighter strings or file the groove a hair bigger.

Even so, how hard are you playing your guitar? 54's aren't that big and they shouldn't be slipping unless your hitting them really hard, I have 56's on a similar bridge and this never happens. I think you should play a little less hardcore, you'll pull something.

Unless that's not the problem, then i would just get someone to widen the groove.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by biga29

Even so, how hard are you playing your guitar? 54's aren't that big and they shouldn't be slipping unless your hitting them really hard, I have 56's on a similar bridge and this never happens. I think you should play a little less hardcore, you'll pull something.

Unless that's not the problem, then i would just get someone to widen the groove.

every schecter thread, here you are. hello biga
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93
every schecter thread, here you are. hello biga

Why hello thar..

I do love those Schecters...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...