As of right now, I have an Ibanez Artcore, a Line 6 Spider III 175 watt amp, and.....wait, that's it.

Any suggestions for my next purchases.
Ive been playing for a while, but my parents dont think it's worth paying for.
What style of music do you play and what kind of sound are you looking for? And if your parents are gonna be douches, how much can you raise on your own?
uhhh i play alternative, metal, classic rock, blues.
wait, it'd be easier to say about everything.
id like to get my metal **** taken care of first though
As far as the guitar goes, look at an ESP, Schecter, or an Ibanez.

Price range would help.
go for something alnico, like a 498t or something, great classic rock pickup.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Get a new amp. Sell that spider and buy a different amp.

The amp is the base of your tone, that and your playing.

So, what's your budget?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
if u have a spider 3 amp you dont need to buy anything for it other than an express pedal and if you wanna be really cool buy a digitech whammy pedal those two things will come to about $330 dollars but you wont ever need to buy anything again especially if you play metal if you do buy anything else your wasting your money you should just focus on skill
spider 3's are amazing they have all kinds of stomp boxes built in and an insane chanel metal zone stompboxes arent even better than that
Pedals and spiders don't go well together. Here's the math:

Digital + Digital = Digital vomit

Trust me I've tried.

If you're looking to improve your sound, there is only so far you can go, you can change everything around an amp and you'll still sound like turds if your amplifier is made of such stuff.
Like the guy further up said, your amp is the base of your tone, don't be the idiot like I've seen so many do waste 1000s of dosh on guitars, pickups, distortion pedals, and then goes and throws them into some piece of **** of an amp.
Sorry but it's the truth! Your sound will improve SO much with a better amplifier.
Guitar Gear
Marlin 2 Single 1 HumBuggy
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Blackstar HT-5 Combo
V-Amp2
Marshall MG10CD - Microwaved
Line6 Spider III 30w - Put it in the oven
Quote by brkwdballer1891
new amp

The completely predictable but unavoidably obvious answer.
Quote by Kevin Saale
Get a new amp. Sell that spider and buy a different amp.

The amp is the base of your tone, that and your playing.

So, what's your budget?

+1

Also, what styles do you play?
Quote by toyboxmonster
The completely predictable but unavoidably obvious answer.

hah true.
but seriously your sound will greatly improve if you get a better amp
Quote by egen18118041
if u have a spider 3 amp you dont need to buy anything for it other than an express pedal and if you wanna be really cool buy a digitech whammy pedal those two things will come to about $330 dollars but you wont ever need to buy anything again especially if you play metal if you do buy anything else your wasting your money you should just focus on skill
spider 3's are amazing they have all kinds of stomp boxes built in and an insane chanel metal zone stompboxes arent even better than that

EVERYBODY LISTEN TO THIS GUY

Also-you probably won't notice a pup change unless you're playing through a tube amp.
Last edited by anulty09 at Mar 21, 2009,
Quote by egen18118041

THIS GUY IS A MORON... The spider 3 is a terrible amp. The effects are mediocre, they sound really harsh and truly is a box of bee's. Sell the amp and invest in maybe a small tube or maybe a Peavey Vypyr. If you change your Pups your not going to get a difference bcause of them amp, A NEW AMP IS IN ORDER.
1987 Ibanez Jem 777LNG #124
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
1987 Ibanez RG550 Road Flare Red-R
Marshall JCM-1 W/Lead 12 Cab.
Wampler, Ibanez, MXR, Morley Pedals