Ok I was told yesterday when I said something about playing a Am progression such as "Am C G Am" <----- WRONG. I see that I was indeed wrong and that most likely comes from the key of C or G. Ok so to clear this up, an Aminor progression would come from the minor key of A? May contain something like F#minor, A, E, correct? Also a minor progression of a paticular scale will not contain a minor chord of the root of that scale. Like a C minor scale progression would never contain a Cm and so on with the rest of the minor scales and chord progressions.

To some up that last part a minor progression is formed from the minor scale of whatever your wanting it to be in. WOW I cant spit it out right lol. What I'm trying to say is if you WANT a Cminor progression, it will have to be conducted from the scale of Cminor(which doesn't contain a c minor chord), no other scale.

scale of Cminor(which doesn't contain a c minor chord), THATS WHAT CONFUSES ME!
Last edited by rebel624 at Mar 21, 2009,
Don't expect anyone in the Pit to know your highfalutin' music talk.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Take it to the Musician Talk Forum. None of us here play guitar.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
A Minor = C Major
In a minor key the I chord (chord built from the root) would be minor.
But unless a progression is completely diatonic, there will most likely be variations i.e. modal interchange and secondary dominants. And variation is good since diatonic usually = boring.

But really, I'm not entirely sure if this answers your question seeing as how I'm not too sure what you are asking.
in aeolian(minor)mode... the key of Am, the first chord of the scale is Am.... and C is the 3rd chord in the key and G is the 7th.... so in the key of Am your progression is

i->III->VII->i

the reasoning behind your second part seems to be gibberish
Quote by Bubban
I once had a sudden urge to rape sheep in Scotland after watching CNN, that was pretty freaky.
Just read your edit.

Yes C Minor has a C Minor chord in it. The following chords are the diatonic 7th chords in the key of C Minor (also Eb Major):

Cm7, Dm7b5, Ebmaj7, Fm, Gm, Abmaj7, Bb7
or if you only want triads
Cm, D°, Eb, Fm, Gm, Ab, Bb
Last edited by Jesse Mrau at Mar 21, 2009,
Quote by metalimaster
in aeolian(minor)mode... the key of Am, the first chord of the scale is Am.... and C is the 3rd chord in the key and G is the 7th.... so in the key of Am your progression is

i->III->VII->i

the reasoning behind your second part seems to be gibberish

Isn't that a Am progression within the key of G?
Last edited by rebel624 at Mar 21, 2009,
Am progession is in the key of C Major.
Quote by rebel624
Isn't that a Am progression within the key of G?

Nooo it's not fool, hopefully your going to the right forum Musican Talk, people there will make it easier to understand.
Catch the Dragon
Quote by hriday_hazarika
This thread is as terrible as music, which sucks balls.
Quote by Funky_Fresh91
Am progession is in the key of C Major.

No it's not, it's in A Minor. Unless you purposefully choose the chords to make it sound like C Major, in which case it is. They have the same chords but at different scale values, and they are used differently to create the major/minor tonalities.

I think TS is confused about a major scale's relative minor.
Member of the 7-String + ERG Legion.
Quote by shut_up_n00b
Take it to the Musician Talk Forum. None of us here play guitar.

This.
hendrix was overrated and grohl is better in food fighters than in nirvana