Page 1 of 2
We are 14 years old and we had our first recording session today and we recorded our first song. We were wondering what you guys thought, its at www.myspace.com/blackoutau

We got a comment saying

got to say thats was ****ing sweeeeet
jamie(guitar) -solo needs to work on
matt(bass)-let jamie do the solos
chris(drums)-tad softer
jimi(vocals)-louder
my opion but all together that was sweet as bros

What is your opinion?
Wrong forum

Edit: The drummer and bass does not sound that good together
DeVillains!
Last edited by Ylasto at Mar 21, 2009,
Jimi in your band look like a real ****in' idiot. Get rid of him.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
very dull
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by Martindecorum
its ok, the singer doesnt show any emotion, just monotone, like he isnt getting into it, and also the sound doesnt seem to build up its just plateau from to start to finish.

And also comments like that. from a previous thread

just because u get a comment that isnt entirely positive, take it as it is, i left areas for you to work on now, be a man take it in and work on it
You know there is already a really big band called "The Blackout"?
Change your name, get a rythym guitar, and you're good to go!

Edit: I LOVE THE BASS SOLO
Quote by Ikonoklast
Tie her up and drive her into some woods, pour petrol over her and then ask her if she wants you back.

Anyone in Birmingham, England meet up for a Jam?

Quote by uk.mace
My hand gave me a handjob

Won't give me a f*cking blowjob though
there is already a rather huge band called the blackout, they're supporting enter shikari at give it a name this year. you may need to change your name
Quote by Raptor94
Your not the only one to say that you will get mixed up with The Blackout... We really dont want to change as we have changed 3 times already :S

Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Jimi in your band look like a real ****in' idiot. Get rid of him.

+1

And I thought it actually sounded a lot like Blur, not anything like anyone of your influences
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
Why did you pan the drums completely to the left?

It's alright, timing needs to be improved a lot. The guitar would sound quite cool if it had a very light overdrive towards the end to make it a little more climatic.
Last edited by Regression at Mar 21, 2009,
Quote by Regression
Why did you pan the drums completely to the left?

It's alright, timing needs to be improved a lot. The guitar would sound quite cool if it had a very light overdrive towards the end to make it a little more climatic.

I'm not sure, a mates whos dad owns a recording studio did it all for us.
Dude, one of the riffs exactly same chord progression as some Good Charlotte song.

Even the strumming pattern is the same.

Guitar bending is horrible, maybe you like it like that, I dunno.

Drums are completely to the left, wtf?

Vocals are extremely lifeless.

Only good part was the bass.

Doesn't matter if you made the song up on the day either, I made a couple of my songs up in 1-2 days, and I'm only one person.

Don't take this the bad way man, you guys just need some more practice, and if your singer is reluctant to change then boot him. Everyone else should be fine with practice.
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
As a Good Charlotte song? Thats funny because all of us despise them...

Yeah we do need a bit of practice, you're right. This is the type of criticism we want

Quote by Demonology
Dude, one of the riffs exactly same chord progression as some Good Charlotte song.

Even the strumming pattern is the same.

Guitar bending is horrible, maybe you like it like that, I dunno.

Drums are completely to the left, wtf?

Vocals are extremely lifeless.

Only good part was the bass.

Doesn't matter if you made the song up on the day either, I made a couple of my songs up in 1-2 days, and I'm only one person.

Don't take this the bad way man, you guys just need some more practice, and if your singer is reluctant to change then boot him. Everyone else should be fine with practice.
Quote by Raptor94
As a Good Charlotte song? Thats funny because all of us despise them...

Yeah we do need a bit of practice, you're right. This is the type of criticism we want

u are being ignorant, everyone here has given you criticism and you ignore it all and only take the word "practice" as your criticism you want to accept

So far there has been mentioning of your singer voice
your drummer being panned
your guitarist bending accuracy
A plateauing song arrangement
no Climaxing song

all these plus more are criticism use them
Quote by Martindecorum
u are being ignorant, everyone here has given you criticism and you ignore it all and only take the word "practice" as your criticism you want to accept

So far there has been mentioning of your singer voice
your drummer being panned
your guitarist bending accuracy
A plateauing song arrangement
no Climaxing song

all these plus more are criticism use them

You think I'm not taking the criticism in? I understand this and have been mentioning every post to the band.
Am I the only person who thinks this would sound cooler faster?

And everything is a bit oddly panned. Drums already been mentioned, but the rythm guitar seems to be aswell. (and bass)
Quote by Fucking loads of people who were appeasing me in order for me to write
blues_to_thrash, you are the master of epic lulz

My Music

2K11
I'd say. Skip the guitar solo and let the bass have the solo. It's far too cliché and expected to have a guitar solo. And your singer really needs to sing with a little more passion. It's a bit too monote for my liking now. Good for being 14 though.
Quote by TChosenPessimis
You'd be better off with sampled drums until you get into higher end recording...

We dont think its fair on our drummer if we do this
It all depends who you are marketting too, I suppose. If you are marketting to teeny boppers around your age, you are probably going to get good comments because of your age. Do you guys have potential to be decent? Sure. You guys can play the music, but you can't make it sound good. The guitar tone was rubbish (if it wasn't, it would probably be a fine guitar part). The vocals sounded very...unenthused. Re-record them with some more excitement or something. The vocals are inevitably going to have problems as you guys are still young, I mean, at 14 I know my voice hardly changed into the bassy sound it is now. The drums weren't bad in terms of playing, however move them into the middle. You usually want to mix a song the way you would hear it live. Guitar and bass on the side, drums in the middle, and generally vocals in the middle though you can tweak it.
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
Quote by Ulalume
It all depends who you are marketting too, I suppose. If you are marketting to teeny boppers around your age, you are probably going to get good comments because of your age. Do you guys have potential to be decent? Sure. You guys can play the music, but you can't make it sound good. The guitar tone was rubbish (if it wasn't, it would probably be a fine guitar part). The vocals sounded very...unenthused. Re-record them with some more excitement or something. The vocals are inevitably going to have problems as you guys are still young, I mean, at 14 I know my voice hardly changed into the bassy sound it is now. The drums weren't bad in terms of playing, however move them into the middle. You usually want to mix a song the way you would hear it live. Guitar and bass on the side, drums in the middle, and generally vocals in the middle though you can tweak it.

Our singer doesnt have any singing background. I guess he didnt want to record what he wouldnt do on stage

Yeah I agree the guitar tone was crap and needed to be mixed. On that note, how should we be recording? We have been going in 1 at a time doing drums, bass, guitar then vocals.

Thanks
Quote by Raptor94
Our singer doesnt have any singing background. I guess he didnt want to record what he wouldnt do on stage

Yeah I agree the guitar tone was crap and needed to be mixed. On that note, how should we be recording? We have been going in 1 at a time doing drums, bass, guitar then vocals.

Thanks

That seems like the correct order.
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
um..please change your band name

and I don't like the singer, I don't like the vocals much and he looks like a total douche
Quote by Carmel
You are a redeeming feature for the UG Swedish population.

All-riiight.
tell Jimi to take that out of his mouth, he looks like a fag
My Band =]
We play some goffic pish
Its fun

Leave us a comment, we'll get back to you =]
Quote by Raptor94

jamie(guitar) -solo needs to work on
matt(bass)-let jamie do the solos

the bass was the only decent part in it, so let him keep doing what he's doing
Only good thing was the bass, but if you work hard and eat right you can become much better as a band. The singer sounded very lifeless and boring, the drums did not go very good with the bass, and the guitarist's solo in the beginning sucked. the bass solo was amazing tho

I'm also in a 14 year old band, we sounded like this two years ago, now we're much better, so just don't give up dood
Quote by KevinGuitar4
Only good thing was the bass, but if you work hard and eat right you can become much better as a band. The singer sounded very lifeless and boring, the drums did not go very good with the bass, and the guitarist's solo in the beginning sucked. the bass solo was amazing tho

I'm also in a 14 year old band, we sounded like this two years ago, now we're much better, so just don't give up dood

Thanks for the comment on the bass solo it was really easy actually

I'm restructuring the whole song as we speak
Change. Your. Name.

Actually, change everything- I'm sorry, but that was really dull and everything was out of time.
Page 1 of 2