I was watching a video lesson of kse playing this fire burns and they were doing squealies on the 6th string in drop c!!!???? Basically I wanna know how because when I try it just sounds like vibrato, I mean I can do pinch harmonics, not fantastically but still. Please help cos I'm lost
ESP H-401FM
Jackson DK2M
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Boss ME-25
Practice pinch harmonics more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
Quote by FFTLxx
Practice pinch harmonics more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1

practicing something means you can do them better?
If you can do pinch harmonics then thats all you need to know, like said above, so just practice them more and you'll get better until u can do them like adam d!
Lol. Vibrato is important. If you wanna get pinch harmonics on the Lowest string, you have to really give it some bend/vibration.

I find i can get them pretty sweetly out of an epi standard and my Ad30vt Vox. So i cant wait to get some new pickups or new guitar
A lot of their pinch harmonics are harmonized too, aren't they?
Current Equipment
Jackson DXMG(Iommi)
Ibanez AEF30E
Peavey 6505+ 112
Iommi has work done to it.

On layaway:
Line 6 PODHD 300
When I first learned to do pinch harmonics I could never do them on the 6th string, just takes a lot of practise and learning where you need to pick the string to get the sound you want really
Just keep practising, and to add on to what everyone else said, I find it helps a lot to use the bridge pickup.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
^Also, try adjusting its height based on articles around the web.

Work your way up slowly from the d string to the low e, until you can do it unconsciously
make sure your hitting the right part of the string... i found that on the 6th string the most comfortable part to pinch for me would not produce a harmonic no matter how well it was done.
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
Quote by Nitrate
There not called squelies

Haha, agreed. I hate that word, it doesn't do justice to the awesomeness that is pinch harmonics.

Practice makes perfect, seriously. I was in your spot a few years or so ago, regarding pinch harmonics that is, and after a while of trying the same thing over and over again, it just starts becoming easier. I can rip out huge, pure, wailing harmonics now, and it's all thanks to dedicated practicing. Just do it.