I recently started learning guitar, on my own by the way. What I learned is that there are times when I wouldn't feel motivated at all to pick up the guitar. Someone please help me out here. How do I stay motivated?
SG
Play the guitar or we will all murder you in your sleep.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████

Maybe one day you'll be as good as him.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Find yourself a challenge, and keep practising until you make it. It's that feeling of accomplishment that makes you want to go on and learn new things. Or at least it's like that for me.
Quote by RiotSquad
mom take me to the doctor i cant stop cumming in wrestling
Quote by Cameronrobson
bobby, I've got poutine in my urethra

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
yeah the more you force your self, the more your going to want to quit.
<3<3<3MILKSHAKE<3<3<3
watching your fave band/artist live on youtube helps me i think
or watching virtuosos playing.
Quote by Stentroll
Find yourself a challenge, and keep practising until you make it. It's that feeling of accomplishment that makes you want to go on and learn new things. Or at least it's like that for me.

Yeah, if you set yourself targets when you achieve them it ll give you a warm sense of satisfaction inside and try and learn to enjoy it, try writing your own songs, play to other people and stuff.
Quote by stephen_rettie
if your not motivated then dont play, dont force yourself to do something you dont want to.

This.

Eventually there should come that time where you just instantaneously feel like playing again.
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
Quote by Calibunga!
yeah the more you force your self, the more your going to want to quit.

Thats tru .
And you're not allone in your lack of motivation , thath hapens to quet a lot of player somewher betwen 1-3 month of playing . Its that you kind figure out how to play but then it looks like you're not going anwhere . (Perosnal Experience ) The best thing to do is to try a few new songs or tehnicks or read some lessons and try them out .
maybe play whil listtening to your favorite song , doesnt mater if you're right or even
play the same song maybe do some basick chord progresions . Yust hawe fun and dont push yourself unnecesarily .

Exampel : 3-4-6 , 3-4-6 - 3-4-8 , doesnt nead to sound good to becaus it will be oversounde by your mp3 . Yust try to hit the notes and start slower then speed it up for a bit after time
find new artists and different styles of music

learn a song by your favourite artist

watch live videos of your favourite artist

learn some scales and start improvising

these are all things that i do that motivate me to start playing more. i would also advise that you get a guitar teacher in the near future to teach you better practice stratigies and some music theory so you can learn faster
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
Start doing chores around the house. Before too long, you'll be itching to pick up the guitar.
Quote by Ic3
Thats tru .
And you're not allone in your lack of motivation , thath hapens to quet a lot of player somewher betwen 1-3 month of playing . Its that you kind figure out how to play but then it looks like you're not going anwhere . (Perosnal Experience ) The best thing to do is to try a few new songs or tehnicks or read some lessons and try them out .
maybe play whil listtening to your favorite song , doesnt mater if you're right or even
play the same song maybe do some basick chord progresions . Yust hawe fun and dont push yourself unnecesarily .

Exampel : 3-4-6 , 3-4-6 - 3-4-8 , doesnt nead to sound good to becaus it will be oversounde by your mp3 . Yust try to hit the notes and start slower then speed it up for a bit after time

Are you drunk?

Watching other people play motivates me.
Quote by Masamune
Are you drunk?

Watching other people play motivates me.

either that or he's disylxec
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Listen to the Arpeggios From Hell song thingy that Steve Vai did for the movie Crossroads... If that doesn't inspire you to put the guitar down and just walk away I don't know what else will.
Quote by jgbsmith
either that or he's disylxec

Quote by RiotSquad
mom take me to the doctor i cant stop cumming in wrestling
Quote by Cameronrobson
bobby, I've got poutine in my urethra

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
Quote by masterquest
I recently started learning guitar, on my own by the way. What I learned is that there are times when I wouldn't feel motivated at all to pick up the guitar. Someone please help me out here. How do I stay motivated?

Think of your end of goal of become a guitar god.