My first cover ... tell me what ya think and any criticism/suggestions are appreciated =)

EDIT: Forgot the link ><

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUWgleUZTTg

EDIT #2:
Sorry I just realized its in the wrong place for the thread.
Would a mod kindly move it =P
Last edited by DGen92 at Mar 21, 2009,
it's alright, the timing is off a bit in the middle, but good non the less
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
its ok, but I dont understand the way you play the first riff, why dont you use only 1 finger like any drop d riff ? needs a lil' work on the palm muting too, the solo's good too but your timing is a bit off and you seem to be improvising some of the parts.
My gear:
-Ibanez JS 6000 Custom w/ 11-48 gauge
-Ibanez FGM 400BB w/ 10-46 gauge
-Peavey 6505 2x12 Combo
-MXR Phase 90
-Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
-Morley Wah/Volume Pro Series II
-Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer
-Gator G-Bus 8
-Xotic BB Preamp
Quote by Ibzman
its ok, but I dont understand the way you play the first riff, why dont you use only 1 finger like any drop d riff ? needs a lil' work on the palm muting too, the solo's good too but your timing is a bit off and you seem to be improvising some of the parts.

I dunno honestly ... Like, I woke up from a nap and I suddenly wanted to make a cover for some reason. So I took the only song I know from Velvet Revolver ... (Yeah I know ..) and basically recorded with my rock band mic

And to answer your question ... I never really learned the solo so its mostly improv. and I'm self taught so I play things weird ...
Quote by JBizzle Da Truf
it's alright, the timing is off a bit in the middle, but good non the less

Yeah during the middle of the song, I got bored of the main riff and "attempted" to make it more interesting... Only ended up with off timing =S