My d string just broke on my Jackson and I haven't had any experience with string changing them (floyd rose) but I put the string on, the only thing is that it's buzzing a bit, it's fine through the amp but without the amp you can hear buzzing and I haven't an idea what to do
ESP H-401FM
Jackson DK2M
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Boss ME-25
just keep playing, they're new, so still quite metally sounding, it'll wear of in a week, or 2, depends on how much you play
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

Quote by t0m_r0cks
My d string just broke on my Jackson and I haven't had any experience with string changing them (floyd rose) but I put the string on, the only thing is that it's buzzing a bit, it's fine through the amp but without the amp you can hear buzzing and I haven't an idea what to do

Then its totally fine.
+1

If you can't hear it through the amp then don't worry about it.
Sounds to me like you may have replaced the string with a higher gauge. Would indeed explain the slight buzz. Id wager that your Jackson was setup with 9s out of the factory and the string you get as a replacement was from a set of 10's. Its not a problem per say as most guitarists deal with a certain amount of buzz due to the fact that low actions will give a bit of buzz.

The proper solution is a full set of strings and a setup. Stick with one brand of strings with floyd equipped guitars. I had my Ibanez setup when I first got it nigh on 2 years ago and specified my preferred strings, D'Addario EXL120 if your interested. Suffice to say all I do is change the strings with a new set of EXL120's and touch nothing and it plays pretty much exactly as it did when I first received it. Just find a good local shop and dont pay them till you are happy with the work.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Yup I think your right there about the gauges, I'll take no notice if it then thanks
ESP H-401FM
Jackson DK2M
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Boss ME-25
Quote by t0m_r0cks
Yup I think your right there about the gauges, I'll take no notice if it then thanks

It actually may be more worth your time to change all the strings when you break one - it helps keep strings lasting(new strings obviously last longer), and really it's not expensive at all. I personally wouldn't ever mix gauges. It would make my playing feel off to me.
Current Equipment
Jackson DXMG(Iommi)
Ibanez AEF30E
Peavey 6505+ 112
Iommi has work done to it.

On layaway:
Line 6 PODHD 300